Tuesday, June 27, 2023

Truthful Tuesday

 

Today's confession is that I nearly managed to give myself a black eye the other day, only to have Rita nearly blacken the other one! How you ask? Surely, this must be a great story! Sadly, no. Not much of a story. But I'll tell it anyway!

As for how I clocked my own eyeball... I was getting a new roll of toilet paper from the bathroom cabinet, but somehow, it snapped back and hit me right in the corner of my eye. Shockingly, it didn't turn purple, but it was very tender for quite a few days!

Later the same day, Rita was excitedly bouncing around and somehow caught the inside corner of my other eye with her foot. Which was also surprisingly more painful than you'd expect. Fortunately, that also did not turn purple. I was convinced I would wake up to two black eyes just days before having a wedding to attend. Thankfully that didn't happen. 

Have you done anything ridiculous to your own self lately? No? Just me? Ha... okay then.

2 comments:

  1. On any given day, I usually have at least a couple bruises and I can't remember what I ran into to get them. I'm glad you didn't have 2 black eyes!

    ReplyDelete