Thursday, June 8, 2023

Thursday's Threads

 


Outfit Day! I didn't get too crazy with outfit day this week since it's still a very light work type of day here. Air quality is improving here (visibility is up to 7 miles, which is pretty decent) but we're still in the red category. Shiny is our model today because she's wearing her Sunday Funday outfit which I don't share here that often. So here's what she had on:

Bareback Pad: Brockamp
Baby Pad: Beval

This pad is still one of my most favorite purchases. I don't think I would have ever even considered riding Big Withers Eros bareback before I had this in my tack room. 

Bridle: La Cense
Browband: Dark Jewel Designs
I still really like these side pull bridles too. Do I wish the leather was nicer quality? Yes, definitely. But I didn't pay a lot for them, so it's fine. I like how they fit though, and also the rope noseband for a little extra something when I can't Shiny's face out of the grass... 

So that's what she wore today, and here's what I had on:

Nothing too exciting, but I figured BRIGHT PURPLE breeches was a good compromise to my lazy outfit. 

Helmet: Samshield
Guys, not only is it smokey here, but the DUST! It hasn't rained here in over a week. My poor helmet. I should have worn something with a smooth shell instead...

Shirt: Luyaa
I wasn't planning on jumping on the bandwagon for these shirts... But since discovering the affordable version, I'm sold. They're really comfortable and I think they're a lot more flattering than I expected. I got some short sleeved ones too in case it ever actually gets warm here. 

Belt: Mane Jane
When I realized this belt strap was almost exactly the same shade of bright purple as the breeches, I felt obligated to pair them together. Obviously. 

Breeches: Equiline

All the cool kids wear this brand now, but I wasn't gonna do it! Not because they aren't nice breeches, but the price tag. Holy crap. Of course, I am who I am, so when I found they were like 1/3 the price if you get them from Europe I snagged a few pair. I like the breeches a lot, they're pretty comfortable and they have some fun colors. The fabric is lovely! BUT, I am right in between sizes. These are an IT-44 and are a little bit too big. I also have a few pair in IT-42, which I think are a better fit, but the waist is pretty snug on those. I need the size in between, which unfortunately, does not exist. 

Boots: Celeris
These boots are looking a little rough these days. In their defense, I haven't taken care of them. Not at all. I haven't cleaned them once since last fall. Forget polish. So really, they look pretty good all things considered. And they've been working pretty hard too. These aren't custom for me, they were an orphan pair that I snagged for practically no dollars. They are a little bit all the way around, but I really like them. Super comfy, and they match everything since they're just black. 

That's it for today! I'll try and dress the horses up a little more festively next week. Anything you're waiting for me to bust out?

1 comment:

  1. Sorry I'm so late to the party. I really want to get some short sleeve Luyaa shorts for summer. I have two long sleeve Eq Tech ones from the Tack Hack that I like, but they're just too hot for anything above 80 degrees for me personally. I'm thinking a (cheaper) short sleeve version might be just the ticket.

    Also, I love the purple breeches!!

    ReplyDelete