Thursday, June 15, 2023

Thursday's Threads

 


It's OUTFIT DAY! I have a couple of really silly outfits in the works coming up soon, but today isn't too crazy. Just a little bit. Al is our model today, so let's start with what he wore.

Bridle: Joseph Sterling
Browband: Dark Jewel Designs

The background looks fake in this photo, but I promise it's real! We kept it simple with today's bridle because we went bold with the saddle pad. (And my pants... you'll see soon enough.)

Saddle: Butet
Saddle Pad: Ummmm... I can't remember who made this
Half Pad: Ippico
This fun pad is covered in cassette tapes. You've seen it before, but it's so fab you'll for sure see it again! I wish I could remember who made it. They're not in business anymore so I guess it's moot. But still. I'd like to give credit.

Boots: Anatomeq

Excuse his need for a trim. Barefoot Al needs hoof attention every three weeks, but sometimes my farrier isn't around that often. Anyway... These boots from Anatomeq are really nice. I bought them awhile ago, but was saving them until the horses came home. They're really lightweight and breathable, but the strike pad is substantial. Definitely recommend. My horses are wearing size medium and Shiny wears extra small if you're curious about sizing. I'm contemplating making these into interchangeable boots so we have a lighter weight option for fun outfits. 

That's what Al wore today, and here's what I had on:

This is an awkward pose! Ha! Clearly, I have no modeling experience. Anyway... I know you're thinking that helmet and those boots AGAIN?! I know. But with pants that vibrant, I needed less crazy stuff surrounding them.

Helmet: Samshield

I know, you're tired of it. But I'm not! Ha!

Shirt: Lulaa
Yeah... I pretty much just wear these every day now. They're so comfortable! I will try to wear other stuff for Thursday's Threads some of the time though. 

Belt: Zazzle
I almost wore a plain black belt today, but decided instead to go with this one. I just love it with all the kiddos on it. Even P is there! Miss that girl. 

Breeches: Equiline
This is another pair of Equiline I found in Europe for stupid cheap. They were on clearance on top of just being cheaper overseas. I love the color of these, but the are a little slippery in the tack. To be fair though, I haven't cleaned and conditioned my saddles in awhile, so that could be part of the issue.

Boots: Celeris UK
I really need to bring these to the cobbler for some tlc. I've busted the laces (which I have replacements, I've just been too lazy to swap them), the bottom snap pulled off, and the stitching up the back has all worn through. I still think these are really good quality boots, but I've ridden A LOT in them the last many months. So I think it's pretty normal wear and tear. The boots themselves are in pretty good shape other than those few issues. Like they're not wearing thin or anything. 

Thoughts? Does anyone still read Thursday's Threads? Any favorites from today? 

4 comments:

  1. I love those breeches! What a pretty color. The cassette tape saddle pad is pretty fabulous too.

    Rhiannon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I didn't realize how very bright they were when I ordered them, but I wasn't disappointed when they arrived!

      Delete
  2. I love the breeches! I would love a pair that color but I'm terrified to try and pull them off. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eh, do it! Life's too short to deny yourself fun pants!

      Delete