Thursday, June 22, 2023

Thursday's Threads: Bagel Edition

 


Yes, you read that title correctly. This is the bagel edition of Thursday's Threads. I told you there was silliness coming! Shiny will be our model today because she's almost the same color as a bagel. Here's what she wore today:


She's the best little model, isn't she?! Let's look closer at her outfit.

Bridle: Joseph Sterling
Browband: Dark Jewel Designs
I struggled to decide which bridle to wear today. I didn't make a browband for this outfit, but don't count that out for the future. I actually think I have some bagel beads lying around here...

Saddle: Custom Saddlery
Saddle Pad: Dreamers and Schemers

I swear, I wasn't going to buy any of these super fun saddle pads from D&S. The horses' saddles fit best with baby pads, and Shiny primarily uses pads with the half pad built in. Since finding this Eskadron sheepskin liner though, we've been able to work with other types of pads. And I really just couldn't resist the bagel pad. (Nor the F-Bomb one... but that's a post for another time.) The D&S pads are quite nice though, if you're looking for something fun. They are contoured so don't pull on the withers, and are a decent thickness without being too bulky. They don't have plans to make baby pad versions, but maybe if enough people express interest they'll change their minds. Feel free to let them know if you'd be interested! 

Boots: DSB customized by me
Yep, I made bagel tabs for my interchangeable boots. I mentioned last week about possibly using the Anatomeq boots for a lighter option, but I've decided to use the PE ones instead. Because the horse size Anatomeq have three tabs and I'd have to make a lot more tabs of past prints, which I don't feel like doing. The PE boots in size medium and small have two tabs only. So they'll work better for my laziness. I haven't made up the new boots yet though, so these are the same fluffy ones you've seen before. I think the bagels look pretty cute! They're different than the D&S print, but close enough. I found the fabric already available, so you know, you compromise for the sake of easiness. 

So that's what Shiny wore, and here's what I had on:
You might be thinking, that looks like a bagel and lox sandwich! You would be correct. You see, the D&S print is bagel sandwiches, and the fabric for the boots are just plain bagels, so I went with my personal favorite bagel sandwich for my outfit. Yum!

Helmet: One K CCS MIPS

I had a similar conundrum with my helmet and boots as I had with the bridle today... Nothing was exactly what I wanted. But I didn't want to bore you all with the same old stuff I've been wearing, so I went with the black and rose gold helmet. It works! 

Sweatshirt: Amazon print on demand


The day started out pretty chilly so it was definitely sweatshirt weather. At least for the first half of the day. Also, you can pretty literally find anything on Amazon if you look hard enough. That's where I got this shirt. 

Belt: Zazzle

And if you can't find it on Amazon, you can probably find it on Zazzle. Or make it yourself there. Zazzle is one my favorite sites ever. I found this yet again slightly different bagel print on there, and they let you edit the design slightly. I changed the background color but otherwise left it alone. 

Breeches: Tailored Sportsman

Okay, so the color of these is called Sherbet. But I would also call this color salmon... so THAT is why I chose them for today. Because of my favorite bagel sandwich, of course! (Lox is smoked salmon in case anyone doesn't already know that.) 

Socks: Dreamers and Schemers
These are the same print as the saddle pad, and I actually already had them. I snapped them up when they first came out awhile back, and I'm glad I did because they aren't available anymore. I imagine at some point they'll re-release some of the retired socks that match the pads, but in case they do not, I'm glad I have these!

Boots: Mountain Horse Sovereign Luxe

Everything I own is dusty right now. We really need some rain around here... But these are lovely dark brown boots when they're clean. I don't think the quality is as nice as the price tag on them, but if you can find them on sale, I would recommend them. They're very comfortable, and they look nice too. 

And that's it for today! Did you enjoy the Bagel Edition? What's your favorite item? Have you tried the D&S saddle pads yet?

6 comments:

  1. My lox and bagel loving heart thinks this is incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love absolutely everything about this outfit, you are bagel, hero status!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the belt is my favorite, but I love all of it! I looked at the D&S pads, but since I usually buy things I can use with lots of different shirts, etc, they're probably a bit much for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are very loud! I like the not too loud ones. There's a coffee one that's cute and not outrageous.

      Delete