Tuesday, June 20, 2023

Truthful Tuesday

 


Thankfully, I have nothing overly embarrassing to admit today. Instead I'll confess to buying some things when I keep telling myself no presents for myself until after the summer... This is why I don't have children. I'm terrible at enforcing rules. 

So, I've been trying very hard to stop buying stuff I don't need because I want to finish paying some things off and have some extra cash to go to some horse shows. I've been doing fairly well. Really! I have! But. I've made a few slips this past week. 

I got a text from Equus Now that they had saddle pads on sale. I definitely don't need more saddle pads, but I do have a few more Ogilvy baby pads on my wish list. I've been waiting for Sprucewood Tack to get some new colorways since they sell them so much cheaper than anywhere else. But with the sale at Equus Now, they were the same price, plus I could get free shipping. AND they had hunter with tan trim in stock! So naturally, I couldn't pass that up. 

I've also wanted some purple TS breeches for a long while. They had a color called Grape awhile back that I was never able to find on consignment nor clearance. Eventually I just figured they weren't meant to be for me. But recently they came out with a color called Gothic that is basically the same as my coveted Grape. Again, no where had them on sale nor consignment (I really can't bring myself to pay retail for breeches). Plus, I now have purple Equilines so I don't really need the TS. But I like TS better. Anyway, this story is getting very long, so let's get to the conclusion. Someone on Facebook Marketplace had Gothic in my size in SOCK BOTTOM for a great price new with tags. So I bought those too. Oops. 

So now, I have to really buckle down and stop with the buying stuff I don't need. Seriously. STOP IT, STACIE! 

Have you guys made any unnecessary purchases lately? Anything super fun? What did you get?!

4 comments:

  1. That’s it. No more internet for you young lady!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Define unnecessary? hahaha. I bought some pinsnickety brontosaurus pins before our first show and didn't show in the jumpers. I may be showing again this weekend and again will not be participating in the jumpers. I also bought a new girth that I haven't used yet. I want to buy more breeches but I am doing my best to refrain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh but you can still use the pins to attach your number to your coat! OR you could put one on your lapel! (Totally support the Pinsnickety purchase!)
      Breeches are always so tempting. I REALLY need to stop buying those.

      Delete