Tuesday, September 8, 2020

Truthful Tuesday

 

Today's truth is that I love having the horses home because I get to know them so much better than when they are boarded. I feel like I know Shiny quite well since she lived with me before boarding. But it's been ridiculously fun getting to know the real Eros. 

He's known around the barn as kind of an Eeyore type. Everyone likes having him around, but he's the quiet guy who doesn't say much other than "oh bother..." But honestly? He's HILARIOUS at my house! He's a little naughty sometimes. He LOVES to throw his buckets around and dump his water. I can hear him doing that from my bed at night. He has his turnout time in the ring and he loves to knock the rails off the fences, throw the fill around, and sometimes knocks over the standards.


He's a great big brother for Shiny. She always wants to stick her face in his stall when I take her out to ride. And every time he comes over to greet her. Even if it means leaving his hay. 


I really love having him home with me. I know next summer he'll probably stay at the boarding barn so my stepmom can ride and lesson with him. But for now, I'm just really loving having him home for snuggles everyday.


6 comments: