Wednesday, April 29, 2020

What's Up Wednesday

Another week has passed. And mostly it's just more of the usual around here. Been working the job during the week and the house glow up projects on the weekends. Same old mostly.
It has been cold (mostly in the 40's) and raining. Pretty much ALL THE TIME. But Saturday we actually had a nice day so I took the dogs out to play.

And they were like "OMG mom so hot bring us in." (It really wasn't hot. It was like 61. But the sun us a whole new thing for us.) So I brought them in and went and did my boot photo shoot.
On Sunday, I got to visit my tall kids. Pammon needed grain, so I went over early (8 am) before everyone would show up to ride. And I got to see all my kids and pump them full of delicious cookies. Pammon and Shiny were having their turnouts, which was nice since I didn't have to loiter in the barn much. And Eros' stall is right next to the door so I feel pretty safe by him too.


Pammon photos are always a challenge, so I'm kind of mad i cut his ears off in the one above... I mean, these are the others:


Such a goof. I miss him.
So updates on everyone! Eros and Pammon saw the vet on Friday. Eros, unfortunately, has another month of hand walking. He's healing but it's slow going. Pammon started tack walking this week. I haven't heard anything, so I'm guessing no news is good news on that front. And all is well in Shiny land. I think she's perfectly happy being temporarily retired.

I need to call and get my ring graded this month and have my fence fixed so the kids can get back here.

But while I'm waiting on all that, here's what else I worked on this weekend:
My craft room! So I have this super weird room in my house, upstairs. It's very narrow and long. I always joked about making it a bowling alley. But I finally decided that it will be a craft room. And it will be pink, because why not? I got these wire shelves and put them all together on Sunday. They fit almost perfectly in that recessed area!
I didn't get to finish filling them yet, as I have some more organizing to do. I have some other book shelves en route, so the room isn't done yet. But it's getting there! It will be so nice when this house is organized and neat. I really like things orderly and in their place, but my house is nothing like that which makes me antsy. But it's getting there!
So this weekend I plan to move a few other things in there, and hopefully work on getting more of the organization done. Be nice to start on another room as well, but we'll see how far I get.
Not much else happening here... so I guess I'll just show you some of the crap I bought and/or that arrived this week. I know you all love when I buy stuff I don't need!

I wound up going an entirely different route for the browband for my side pulls bridles than what I had posted on Instagram asking for advice. Instead of the Boy O'Boy browband, I decided to brainstorm with Dark Jewel Designs. And we came up with this:

I wanted to make sure it would be as perfect as I hoped, so I photoshopped it onto the bridle:
Looks good to me! Be nice if/when the full sized bridle arrives. So obviously no rush for the browbands to get here. Plus you know... I'm not actually riding.

I found my dream Winston coat on sale on ebay earlier this month and it arrived today, just in time for my birthday tomorrow! Happy Birthday to me!
It's perfect and I'm so excited to have it finally! Maybe someday I'll actually horse show in it! (Maybe.)
The MOST exciting items to arrive though, were the rest of my items made with Rio's hair. I wanted some very customized pieces so the wait was a bit lengthy, but TOTALLY worth it!
First up is the belt:
Yes, it's green, and it's completely amazing. I'm so in love with it. I also got two bracelets. One the same as Jampy's green one, but with Rio's info. And the other I designed to wear with my apple watch. It's black and a thin wrap so it won't be too much with the watch. Here they are in the order of introduction:



They are from a lady on Etsy, her shop is called The Sugar Lady. She's super nice, and does an amazing job. I'm so grateful she let me get creative with all of these.

And the last thing is the most ridiculous. Because you knew there would be something a little silly and totally extra right?
They read "Social" on side and "Distance" on the other. Totally necessary purchase during these crazy times.

In other news, my helmet hasn't arrived yet. I received the package that was supposed to be my helmet and all it contained was the free pair of sunglasses it came with. Lame. I bought the helmet from Ebay because I had some Ebay bucks to use, but the seller was actually Stateline. They are a complete hot mess right now though. I called Friday to see what was happening, and was told they would ship it out immediately and send me tracking. But heard nothing. So today I called again, was on hold for 11 minutes before finally getting a human. She told me she sees the replacement was supposed to go out asap with upgraded 2-day shipping, but that there was no tracking number. So she's "checking on it and will get back to me". I guess we'll have to wait and see. She sounded very confused, and potentially a little stoned... so my hopes are not high. It's not really a hurry obviously, but I have very little to look forward to, so I'd like to get it sooner than later! #firstworldproblems

Tomorrow is my 40th birthday which is kind of depressing. I don't mind getting older, but I had always kind of hoped for a big bash for this milestone. Instead I'll be by myself. BUT, I'm not one to let that get me down. I am making myself a strawberry funfetti cake tonight (for tomorrow) and obviously I got myself that great coat for a gift. And I have wine. So all is not that bad.

How are you all holding up? Buy anything fun while stuck at home? Have any weird rooms in your house? I still have one more weird one to share with you guys, but right now it's a disaster/holding area.

18 comments:

  1. I am also in the middle of state line hell trying to get the rest of the organization stuff I need for my tack shed makeover.... although I guess their delays are irrelevant considering I won't have the paneling for 3+ more weeks haha. Ughhhhh shopping. I'm trying not to mindlessly fill the gap while I wait with a cart full of QHP and Eskadron saddle pads.

    I'm sorry this birthday won't be quite what you'd expect, but to me that sounds like an excuse for MULTIPLE celebrations once things open back up! Happy early birthday! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh, I hope you get it worked out with them. I mean, I don't want to be an ass. These are trying times. But like, how do you miss putting the helmet in the box?
      I'm down for multiple celebrations when we finally leave the upside down!

      Delete
  2. ugh i just ordered from stateline dont tell me this guys. UGH. Happy bday Stacie!! I hope you can bring the kids home soon for your sanity :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. May the force be with you...
      Thank you! I hope so too! I'm just trying to figure out the safest way to do things. I will definitely need my helper's help, so gotta figure out how to keep things sanitized between us. and get the fence fixed... Always so much to do!

      Delete
  3. Happy early birthday! You can have a "redo" themed party next year for your 41st? Or for your 42nd what if you had a second 21st birthday? lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah, 21 twice would be something to celebrate... I could have one of those pinatas filled with booze!

      Delete
  4. I am so happy I ordered from Smartpak and NOT stateline... I went back and forth and then Smartpak ended up being $5 cheaper once Stateline stuck all their extra fees...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Probably for the best! My helmet did finally ship, so should be here Tuesday... Fingers crossed!

      Delete
  5. Great that you are getting your house all organized!!! I tried to order something for Fred but it was backordered...so boo. Lol

    And happy birthday 1 day early (in case I can't comment tomorrow or something weird...lol). It sucks that you can't have a big party, but hopefully you can have a delayed party when all this stuff is over!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Back orders are so annoying!
      Thank you! It was a fun day!

      Delete
  6. Next time you want a brownband, let me know and I would be happy to make you one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! But you've posted anonymously so I'm not sure who you are!

      Delete
  7. Happy Birthday!!!! We need to see a picture of that cake. Just sayin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's on my Instagram! Let's just say, I will not quit my day job to make cakes... hahaha!

      Delete
  8. aw happy birthday <3 love that DJD browband, and Pammon's goofy faces lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday!!! I love that jacket.

    I ordered some stuff online. still waiting for it to come.

    ReplyDelete