Wednesday, April 8, 2020

What's up Wednesday

The calendar tells me it's Wednesday. So I'm guessing that's accurate? Obviously there isn't a whole lot going on over here. Working from home. Not seeing the tall kids. But I am seeing LOTS of the short kids at least! You guys. They sleep ALL THE TIME. So lazy.
Artie has decided to join me upstairs while I work, which I love. P can't do the stairs, but I think she's just as happy to sleep downstairs anyway. I made Artie a window seat so he can enjoy the view from up here.
I never really used the upstairs of my house, my master is downstairs along with all the living space so it's mostly been for storage. Nice to actually make use of the rest of the house. Here's my work space:
I need to hang something on the wall. Blank walls are kind of depressing. Perhaps this weekend I'll work on that.

I've spent the last couple of days eating lots of bread, corn, and pasta products (oh and cookies!) since Passover starts tonight. Nothing makes quarantine easier that food restrictions, amiright?! Lol. Joking. Kinda.
Pancakes with little bro's famous syrup (Rugged Ridge Forest, get some online!)
The most exciting thing though is that my hay arrived!!!! YESSS!!!
With how work is, and everything else going on, my horses will stay boarded at least through this month. But we'll see. Hopefully they can come home soon. I just don't think I can juggle the farm work plus my job right now with how much special attention Pammon requires. As much as I want them back in my life, I need to do what's best for them too.
I thought I was handling not seeing them pretty well honestly. But then I got some photos yesterday and maybe I cried a little. Any one else weirdly emotional with all of this happening? I'm usually pretty stoic.... I will get to see them briefly either tomorrow or Friday evening. I have to drop off their smartpaks, so I'm going to pop in and give them each some cookies. I will touch nothing and bring treats I have here at home for them.
In happier news, my amaryllis that I've had for YEARS decided to bloom this year. The first bud has come and gone already, but the second bud just bloomed and produced FOUR flowers. It's beautiful!
That's it from here. How are you all holding up? Anything good to report? Or do you need to talk about anything? Let's be here for each other through this weird, weird time in our lives. I hope you all are staying healthy and safe!

12 comments:

  1. My dogs do NOTHING all day but sleep. I no longer feel guilty for locking them in the mudroom when I was working at the office 😂😂 yay, I'm glad your hay arrived and hopefully the horses can come home soon! (But not too soon if Pammon is gonna stress you out 😉).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, my dad was like, why don't you leave Pammon there and take the other two? I was like Dad! That's mean!

      Delete
  2. One of the things that keeps me sane working from home is that my office is upstairs and the living space is all downstairs. That separation is SO important for my mental health! Your office is shaping up nicely! Also, my dog definitely sleeps in my office the majority of the day and refuses to get a job

    I definitely felt really sad on Sunday when my lesson time came and went. I made myself one of those dalgona coffees that is trending right now as a treat and then used the sadness to get a couple of hours worth of work done in the yard. I am already bummed for no lesson this Sunday :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! I like that I go to work in a different part of the house. Keeps it separate. Pre working from home I answered emails all the time, but now I've stopped after 5:30 or so. Gotta have boundaries!

      Delete
  3. I hope to be a spoiled dog in my next life, hopefully in a different plane of reality. I love sleeping.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It wouldn't be a bad life as long as you have a good human!

      Delete
  4. my dogs sleep, snore, bark at various things (ESP THE DONKEYS OMG THE BARKING INSIDE), go back to sleep, snore, bark at various things. And repeat. HA HA I want to be one of my dogs. UGH..Glad you got your hay. That is some pretty hay. i have hay envy. Course the animals i have here right now dont really eat hay. They like the crap that Remus hated so that is good but i have literally used one and half flakes since they got here (AKA on Sunday). They are still nibbling on it :) Also.....i havent seen Remus in forever. They offered a lesson to me this week but I just cant do that. If I got someone sick I would be so upset. I DONT THINK I HAVE IT BUT I CANT STOP COUGHING. UGH (Not that it is that bad it is just once in awhile but damn..right...today it is 85 degrees so my allergies are in overdrive. Tomorow will be 60 and Friday 50s. I do need to go see Remus to take a check for the farrier next week and grab the rest of his blankets. If i have a good day i will do that but wont get near anyone else. UGH i am over this. Love your flowers. SO PRETTY......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The snoring and the farting from my coworker are rough! Hahaha!
      I don't blame you about the barn, but I hope you only have allergies! (I'm sure that's it, I get sneezy if I walk outside this time of year.)
      The hay is decent, but nothing super special. Just a grass mix and it's first cut. But hopefully the free loaders will like it.

      Delete
  5. Aw <3 it was actually really reassuring to see my horse briefly while dropping off supplies. He was fine. Totally content. Which is kinda bittersweet haha but mostly reassuring. Here’s hoping your work calms down a bit soon tho!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to see mine tonight when I drop off supplies too! Glad Charles is doing well during his vacation!

      Delete
  6. No dogs here but both cats have determined that my lap is their new sleeping spot. Regardless of whether I'm in the middle of a video conference or not.

    I can't tell if they will miss us when we go back to work or if they prefer us around.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like to think they'll miss us... but probably they'll be glad to have their houses back!

      Delete