Tuesday, April 28, 2020

Truthful Tuesday: the one with the boots

Alternate title: The One You've All Been Waiting For

Ok, first, I have to point out that despite everything going on, I haven't bought any new boots during lockdown! I mean... I do have a pair reserved from holiday time that I haven't actually ordered yet (waiting for new leather options). But that was before. Anyway... Today's confession is that I own 23, yes, TWENTY THREE pairs of boots. I tried to get photos of them all this weekend, but some are over at the barn still. Fear not though! I photoshopped them in. It's super amateur. Obviously.

Yeah. I forgot to leave room for them when I took the photo. So they're just haphazardly stuck in there.
Now I know that's an unsatisfactory photo, so let's just look at all of them shall we? I photographed them by brand but also individually. So... this could get long. They will appear in alphabetical order by brand (not model).

Ariat: Off the shelf
 Ariat boots don't actually fit me all that well... My calves are a little too fat for them. These two used to fit... not sure if they still do, it's been awhile since I've worn either of them.

Bromont winter lined boots:
These are my second pair of Bromonts. They are wonderful winter boots, very warm. But I think they've officially been replaced by the Tredsteps down at the end.
Heritage:
Got these on sale from Mary's Tack awhile ago. They're kinda small at the moment...

Caldene: Off the Shelf
These are kinda snug these days too... But I absolutely love them, so hopefully they'll fit well again soon.

Cavallo: Semi-Custom
Linus
These fit great. I've only ridden in them once or twice but they were pretty comfy despite not yet being broken in. The glitter top is fab!

Celeris: Full Custom
Black with Rose Gold
The rose gold on here doesn't photograph well, it's actually pinker and more beautiful than it looks in photos. This was my first pair from Celeris.

Gray with teal
This was my second pair. Clearly getting more adventurous as I went...

Pink with purple
I got these to wear on Shiny. Seriously. They look terrible on the chestnuts... But AMAZING on the palomino. I ordered these and the next pair together.

Moo Cow Print with green
Only the best boots ever imagined. Until my next pair probably... And maybe equal to that one pair of Fama's coming up soon...

De Niro Salentino: Semi Custom
Black
These are SO COMFY! Highly recommend or comfort. They do however have a broken zipper that I'm on hold with getting fixed.

Navy:
Yeah... I photoshopped a stock photo. These are at the barn currently. But I love them, they're the most comfortable boots, and they are beautiful too! Wish they came in hunter green.

Fama-4-All: Full custom
I actually sold my first pair of these because they made the foot way too big and they didn't fit at all. But they gave me a replacement pair at half price, so it all worked out for me in the end.

Green with tan crocodile
This was my replacement pair, and I love them. They don't fit as tall as the Celeris since the spanish top is less exaggerated. But they aren't too short thankfully.

Black with green croc accents
I think these are fun, but not too crazy. I like that the green is fairly subtle on the accents.

Green with gold accents
I LOVE these!!! They are up there with the cow boots. Definitely. I still can't believe these came out as well as they did.

Horka: Off the Shelf
It's possible these are HKM... but I THINK they are Horka. Either way, they're a great pair of boots for the price. They are a little slippery, so I usually use some Guter Sitz when I ride in them.

Imperial Riding: Off the Shelf
No really though. Look at them! They're actually quite comfortable. And also ridiculous. If they made them in gold (or rose gold) I'd totally buy those too.

JPC Brands: Off the Shelf
The Baker Boot
Also kinda tight... I haven't ever ridden in these. I really ought to. I kind of wish they were brown.

La Mundial: Full custom
I know L has had good luck with this brand, but I can't recommend them. Yes the boots are beautiful and the leather is lovely. But it's a small miracle if they fit. And the snaps don't seem to ever work.

Green with gold
These boots really are beautiful and after having them stretched twice they fit quite perfectly. But I find it super annoying that snaps don't stay closed on the zipper tab by the ankle. SUPER ANNOYING!

Black with navy
The color is weird in this photo, I promise the boots are normal black color. The top has a patent blue stripe which is quite pretty. These were actually orphan boots, so were not made to my measurements but they fit well.

Mountain Horse:
Serengeti
Another pair I haven't ridden in. These are also pretty snug, but probably if I wore them a few times they would stretch nicely. I think they're really pretty.

Pioneer: Semi Custom
I kind of forgot I had these. They are both patent which I don't hate, but the side that goes against your horse is also patent which is pretty awful. SO slippery! The Guter Sitz helps, but I don't really like riding in them. I will probably sell them at some point. Or maybe see about getting smooth leather patches added to the insides.

Black with Gold
I mean... what's more fun than gold glitter?

Blue Patent
What's confusing about this boot, is that the center panel on the OUTSIDE is not patent. But it is on the inner panel. WHY THOUGH?

Secchiari: Full Custom
This was the first pair of customs I ever measured for myself. It didn't go all that well... While they are gorgeous and fit my calf well, they are WAY too short. So I only ride in them here at home. The boots are gorgeous though, and the leather is super soft and lovely.

Tredstep: Off the Shelf
Legacy
These are at the barn too, so enjoy this terrible photo shop version of them. These are the best winter boots I've ever owned and think anything who rides were the air hurts your face would love them.

So that's it my friends. All of my boots in one blog post. Any questions? Comments? Don't judge my addiction. It's better than drugs!


Addendum: I FORGOT A PAIR! I have 24 pairs of boots guys. I forgot all about my Parlantis. They live in the house in my show boot bag and thus, I forgot all about them. No photos, cause you all know what Parlantis look like. They are fine. Probably wouldn't buy again. They're not worth the money when you can get full custom from Celeris for less and get a higher quality boot.

25 comments:

  1. Best thing on the internet today! I think my personal favorite pair is the black with rose gold Celeris boots. If my feet were smaller and I could pick one from your boot cabinet, it would be those.

    I do have a question though. I noticed many of your spurs live on the boots. Which has me wondering: How many pairs of spurs do you have? What about how many pair of straps?

    I only own one pair of tall boots and a pair of paddock boots. I own two pairs of spurs that live on the straps.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a lot of spurs and do hope to have a pair for each pair of boots mostly because I'm lazy. I ride most of my horses in the same rounded style so that helps. I guess if they all needed different lengths or styles I'd probably just have one pair of each.

      Delete
  2. oh man i ALMOST ordered those Horkas a while back haha, but ended up with QHPs instead. i think of the list, the pair i most covet are the navy deniros. pretty sure after brown and black, my next boot pair is just gonna have to be navy lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. also tho. damn, that line up is epic haha

      Delete
    2. Oh yeah, you should get some navy ones! They're fun without being too crazy. I love your QHP boots! I hope they last you awhile!

      Delete
  3. Nice! And I fully blame you for my Celeris boot addiction :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will never feel bad for the amount of boots I have. Do you also have a ton of saddle pads? i'd like to see that as well!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a bunch of pads, but I mostly use baby pads so that helps me not buy them all, all the time.

      Delete
  5. I had been having an absolutely terrible week and this post TURNED IT AROUND I LOVE IT SO MUCH hahahahaha. All of them in one post. DAMN. I can't wait to see what you come up with next :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy to bring a little joy in these dark times! My next ones could be really epic, depending on if they can get the leather I want...

      Delete
  6. This post is epic. You are my hero - no judging here. Thanks for sharing these boots with us. I was trying to pick a favourite from the line up but am having a hard time - they are all so unique and special.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's hard to choose! I'm not sure I can pick one favorite.

      Delete
  7. This is the amazingness the world needs right now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A hero, providing the content we need.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This was everything I was hoping for. Those cow print boots are still my fave!

    ReplyDelete
  10. hmmm wonder if there is a BO (Boots Anonymous) if not there should be..hahahaha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah! No, you see, this isn't an addiction. This is RESEARCH. I'm just helping all of you by finding the best custom boots for your needs.

      Delete
  11. So many boots! I do like those treadsteps......

    ReplyDelete