Wednesday, March 20, 2019

What's Up Wednesday

Phew. Wednesday's are killer. Always. But this is a special Wednesday! Six years ago today I started this little blog! Happy Blogiversary to me! Thanks to all of you for following along. I hope you'll stick around for the next six years!
Not too much wild and crazy is going on around here. Eros should hopefully be getting his new shoes today, and I'm crossing all my crossables that they make a big difference for him. He's been a good boy, as usual though. We almost got to ride outside last weekend for the first time this year, but the wind was insane Saturday, and I decided those were not the best conditions for our first outdoor venture of the season. Sunday was really cold in the morning when I got to the barn, and everything was still frozen. Maybe this weekend!
The boys at home suffered a similar fate. I was hopeful we might get to do some handwalks outside but those numbskulls are not to be trusted in high winds. Rio might have been ok... maybe. But definitely not Jamp. So we wait some more. Instead, they had lots of mega groomies. They are both getting down to their spring coats, and are super shiny. Definitely could use a bath though, so I'm hoping that will happen sooner than later. Come on spring!
I figured it would be safe to drag the pugs out though, so they finally got to enjoy a walk past the lake. Ok. ALONG a very small part of the lake. They aren't very fit. We did manage some adorable photos though. Kind of. P wasn't interested in posing in the good light, only where there were shadows across her face.


Ok, I'll stand in the good light, but I'm not gonna look at you!
 Artie was more cooperative.


All I could get when I tried to photograph them together was butts. Sheesh.
I got the hay steamer up and running this weekend, as I mentioned yesterday. It works great, but Jamp isn't entirely thrilled with steamed hay. I wish these horses would appreciate the sacrifices of time and money that we make for them!
I'm hoping he'll get used to it though. Time will tell. I suppose the other option is to take him off regular hay, and just feed him the Safe Starch chopped hay solely. I don't particularly want to go that route if I can avoid it though. Stuff is expensive, and I like my horses to eat regular hay if they can. The baby monitor worked ok. The way my property is set up, it won't work in the living room. From that room in my house, there is a whole other building in between me and the barn, and the monitor couldn't get a signal. But from my bedroom it worked great. So it's a decent compromise, though not perfect. I've had a few people ask which one I got, so here's the link for you:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07K12YHFT/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

That's about it from here this week. Anything new with you guys? Any of you use a hay steamer? What does your horse think of it?

8 comments:

  1. The puggies look cute out on their lake stroll!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were so happy to finally get out on the road!

      Delete
  2. Happy six years of blogging! And my fingers are crossed that Eros feels like a million bucks when he gets his shoes !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy blogiversary! I hope the news shoes help Eros.

    Not much new here - my horses escaped their paddock last night and were lounging out front of the barn when I got home. Brats. They didn't go far - they found the 2nd cut hay and enjoyed a nice buffet and made a mess in the barn. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! He felt great last night! Fingers crossed it stays that way!
      Oh man, silly ponies! Glad they stopped at the buffet and didn't go for a neighborhood jaunt!

      Delete