Friday, March 29, 2019

Favorite Finds... on Friday!


I don't normally post on Friday, but I've had a few silly items that I absolutely love, and figured today was a great day to share. These are truly small items, nothing expensive or fancy, but they are somewhat life changing for me.

First up are these giant bandages from CVS.
This bad boy is a solid 4 inches long
They are from CVS's own "Extreme Sport Bandage" line, and unfortunately, only seem to be available in a multi pack with other sizes. That's not bad though, since they are really sticky and stay on really well, so it never hurts to have extra bandages around. They come in assorted neon colors, but include gray and black too. I love neon, so I'm happy with all of them
Now you're probably wondering why in the world I need such big bandages and also why I feel the need to share about them. Well. You all know about my boot shopping problem, yes? All those new boots have to get broken in, don't they? And these wonderful little inventions are perfect in helping with that process. I slap them on my heels like so:
And I don't get blisters riding in my new boots! They're a lot less expensive than those fancy gel guards you can get. Plus the gel guards don't fit in custom boots very well. These do!

My next favorite thing is this handy dandy little bucket opener.
I found this one on Amazon. They cost anywhere from $5 to $10. I think this one was $7. I paid extra for a green one. #worthit
If you don't have any hard to open buckets, you won't care about this one. But Rio has one supplement that comes in a bucket with a fairly difficult lid to get off the first time. But with this little tool, it's quite simple!
It's saved me from breaking all my nails off so low they bleed. Not only that, using this tool, I have the bucket open in a minute vs. several trying to pry it off on my own.

My last favorite thing today is something I've already shown you guys. But I really do love it, so I'm sharing again. It's the Horseware cap with the lights in the brim!
If we're being honest here (which is how I generally roll...) I just bought a second one because I discovered it came in green. They are $13.95 over at Horseloverz which isn't a crazy price. A good head lamp costs more. I have found it REALLY convenient to use this light heading out for night check or leaving the boarding barn. When your hands are full, you can't always use your phone light. Or when it's 5 degrees out, you don't want to have your hands out of your pockets for the walk to the barn. I've even used it some nights when I'm grooming the horses in their stalls and they are standing in a shadow.
I'm trying to find blank ones so I can get Winthrop Corner ones made up.

Have you used any of these items? Or do you have anything little but awesome that has changed your routine for the better? Let me know if there's anything out there I MUST have!

18 comments:

  1. Target carries a similar size bandage in a 10 pack of all one size. That's a genius idea for breaking in boots!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhh, are they extra sticky like these?

      Delete
    2. Yeah, they are the sticky fabric kind. I had to have a cyst removed from my thigh and they worked great underneath pants. Stayed put all day, so I imagine they'd work great under boots, too.

      Delete
    3. They sound perfect! I'll have to look for them next time I need to stock up.

      Delete
  2. My farrier has a custom hat with lights. He got it made locally but these look similar https://www.capwholesalers.com/hibeam-led-lighted-cap

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! They have an olive green, that's close!

      Delete
  3. I want that bucket opener and hat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooh good to know about those size giant bandages!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a horse with a chronic eye issue and have a hat just like this. It's invaluable when trying to treat him in the dark.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I hadn't even thought of that! This hat really is a requirement!

      Delete
  6. I used to always slap a moleskin on my leg - bandages are helpful too but the equifit gel bands are heaven (still have custom boots you do have to squeeze em in there.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't get them to fit in my boots. I do have a pair though!

      Delete
  7. A bucket opener? omg where has this been all my life? My little stubby fingers aren't strong enough to open any buckets. lol I've been known to use a crow bar (pry bar) while sitting on the floor! Amazon.ca better have those suckers! The hat looks handy too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The bucket opener is probably on my top ten favorite things of all time.

      Delete