Thursday, March 14, 2019

Thursdays Threads

Happy Outfit Day!!!! But before we get to that, I have more important things to mention... It's Jampy's 20th birthday!
Birthday Boy!!!
He can't have anything delicious for his birthday anymore, which I find really depressing. But I guess he'll get some extra peanuts tonight.

Ok, now on to outfit day... I didn't get to ride last night because I had tickets to see Rent. It's been running for 20 years now, but somehow I had never seen any version of it (not even the movie). It was fantastic! As everyone probably already knows. Anyway, I actually did plan ahead and grabbed photos of my riding outfit on Tuesday for you. Imagine that? Who's a good blogger??
It's still been pretty chilly here, so still sweatshirt weather unfortunately. Come on Spring, you can do it!

Helmet: One K navy snakeskin
Decided to switch things up and wear the navy one again.

Sweatshirt: TKEQ
TKEQ had a big sale awhile back, so I snagged this super comfy hoody. It's hard to see in the photo, but it says cute mover on the chest there in pink.

Belt: Nocona

I was SUPER excited to find this belt on Ebay to match my Deniro boots. But when it arrived it was a little too small which was super depressing. Then I realized I could fix that with a bigger belt buckle. So I snagged this cute, vintage horseshoe buckle from Etsy. It's still a bit small, but definitely working.

Breeches: SmartPak Piper
These are actually charcoal gray, but they're looking sort of tan in this photo. What else can I say? Pipers, ya know? Fit is blah, colors are fun.

Boots: DeNiro Salento
You guys. I LOVE these. Still. I think this was their third ride, and they're just amazing. Seriously, no break in at all. I did take preventative measure by bandaging my heels, so that might contribute to my happiness. But still. They're amazing. Get a pair. Or two.

Spurs: Centaur (I think)
Straps: ManeJane
I went to order another pair of these spurs, only to find out they're not available anymore. Total sad face, they're my favorites. On a happy note, I already had these spur straps. I ordered them to use on the Pioneer boots but really haven't worn them, so I switched them to these boots instead. Love the little crowns on the keepers!

Ok, so that's it for my riding outfit. So on to today's work outfit:
I'm still trying to push spring along with some lighter colors. It's not working. But I'm trying!

Sweater: H&M (I think?)
So honestly, this sweater lost its tag, so I'm not positive where it came from. But I'm pretty sure it's from H&M. It's been deep inside laundry mountain for a long time, but it was rescued and laundered on Sunday.

Belt: LV
Oldie but goodie right there!

Jeans: Wild Blue
These are sort of beige colored, though they look pretty white in the photo. They're pretty much exactly the same shade as the oatmeal color in the sweater. I don't love the distressed knee, but I do love the stretchy comfiness, so it's a decent compromise.

Shoes: Joe's Jeans
I snagged these booties a few years ago in Florida at Marshall's. I didn't even know Joe's made shoes. But they do, and they're very comfortable!
Arm Party!
Lefty:
Lefty is wearing this super cute horse bracelet I found on Ebay. I love the green rhinestone eyeballs.

Righty:
Righty is donning the same color scheme as the sweater, almost perfectly! The two outside bracelets are vintage Manelli bracelets. I really love this style, and I snag them on Ebay whenever I find an interesting one. I think they were popular in the 70's, so they're basically antiques by now. The middle bracelet is one that I made. I love the sage green cork with the gold flecks to it.

Well. That's it for this week! Any favorite pieces from today? Get any new apparel lately that you're excited about?

10 comments:

  1. aw happy bday, Jamp! also. one day i *will* own a navy one k helmet haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The snakeskin ones were marked down to $150 awhile back so I got all the colors... Oops. I kinda want a gray one now though (non snakeskin, since that's not an option).
      Jampy says thank you!

      Delete
  2. Happy birthday to Jamp!! I love your bracelets.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy bday to Jamp!! He looks fab for 20! My guy is 18 this year - suppose I should be a good owner/blogger and look up his actual bday! ;-)

    Love the navy things! Not quite as much as hunter green, but navy is a close 2nd!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Haha, if it makes you feel better, I have no idea when Eros' birthday is. Rio and Jamp are easy since they have passports.

      Agree on the navy vs green. I wore green last night though :)

      Delete