Wednesday, March 13, 2019

What's Up Wednesday

It was a pretty quiet week/weekend around these parts (other than the very exciting hair appointment of course). I have pretty much no media either, so this should be a really exciting post... hahaha!
Eros has been a little silly lately. Since he's rehabbing that ankle, he can't go out for a romp in the indoor like we used to do for him once a week to get the sillies out. He still goes outside everyday, but he's not terribly self motivated out there. Plus it's been snowy, muddy, and icy, so it's best he keeps his chill out there. For the most part, he's perfect despite being a little up. That is until the snow and ice started to come off the roof. He HATES that! He's been demonstrating his whirly bird skills in defiance. Thankfully he takes me along with him when he does his full 180's. (eye roll)
I managed on Saturday to get through my entire ride without any sudden changes of direction. Right up until I was walking him out. Had to sneak one in there. Silly pony.
 Saturday was a beautiful day. It was in the forties, which at this point feels like summer around here. And the sun was even out! So it was nice to ride Eros and spend extra time with the old guys at home doing some mega groomies.
Jampy gave me a bit of a scare Saturday though. I took him out for his grooming around 5pm. I hadn't heard him cough at all while I was in the barn, which I was feeling pretty happy about. But when I pulled him out, I heard a gurgle when he inhaled with his head up. I've never heard that from him before, so it scared me a little, and I put a call in to my poor vet. I always seem to have "emergencies" nights and weekends... Anyway, I left him a message, but between then and when the vet called back he let out a couple coughs and cleared up the rattle. My hay steamer just arrived yesterday, and doc still thinks that should fix him up. He also recommended putting him on some MSM. So I did that, and hope to have time to get the steamer up and running this weekend for him. More on that next week!
Sunday was back to winter in the morning. It was snowing when I woke up, but it switched to rain by the afternoon. And it just poured all day. I rode Eros around noon which was super busy in the ring. He was good though. No spinning! And the rest of the day I spent with the old guys, the pugs, and Mt Laundry. Some day that will be conquered. I swear.
Also cleaned out the breeches shelves (please, if any of you hear me say the words need and breeches in the same sentence, have my credit cards shut off). I have a TON to send to Used Horse Stuff. Just waiting for them to send me the clean out bags. I'm really hoping to get all my crap organized this year. It's nice to have dreams right?
That's really about all that's gone on here this past week. What's happening your way? Anything exciting? Lessons, horse shows, great deals at a tack sale?

6 comments:

  1. Ugh I know when I was at the tack sale I kept going to the breeches rack and breeches are the last thing I need. I'm glad Jamps lungs cleared out and I'm hoping Eros ankle is better soon so he can go back to his regular schedule!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Breeches are just so fun to shop for!
      Thanks, I hope the boys are back to good soon too.

      Delete
  2. I hope Eros is on the right track with his ankle and that the steamer helps Jamp!

    I need more breeches, as in I only own two pairs. I'm just really hesitant to buy any for a while since I don't know what will actually fit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm hoping so too.
      Yeah, probably best to wait until post baby for new breeches.

      Delete
  3. We should start a pool on how long you actually manage to go without buying any breeches.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I should make it a least a couple hours... I mean weeks. I should make it a few weeks.

      Delete