Tuesday, March 12, 2019

Truthful Tuesday

Real talk here... I'm really on top of keeping my horses well groomed. As I'm sure you all can tell. But not so good about my own hair. I'm not actually sure the last time I had a hair cut and color, but I think it was close to a year ago. Well, this weekend, I FINALLY got it back under control. Today's confession is the before photo:
Yeah. That's GRAY up there at the top. And there's some natural brown (I think that's my natural brown... could be dye) in the middle. And that blond there on the bottom was actually pink, purple, and blue sometime last year until it washed out. Also, it was nearly to my butt. That's a lot of disgusting looking hair. A. LOT.
I had a 9 am appointment with my girl Natasha to get this mess cleaned up, and I have been looking forward to it for weeks now. (She's booked so far out, I scheduled this appointment more than a month ago!) Three hours later (yep, three hours) I have some gorgeous new hair!
It's a lot shorter and healthier, and I love what she did with the color. I went in and said I had no idea what I wanted and she should just have some fun. So we did this fun sort of color melting thing. Super fun, and I feel like a whole new person with hair I can actually wear down again finally.

Do you find it challenging to schedule things like hair appointments while juggling horses and work? Do you wait for a weekend appointment, or do you take time from work to get your hair done?

21 comments:

  1. Nice!! I’m almost totally grey and trying to grow it out... it’s rough lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow! I'm not there yet... I'm still fooling myself that I have brown hair.

      Delete
  2. i am lucky to get my hair cut every four months! and i have short hair. Luckily i have no gray hairs yet (and am blonde so even if do they are hidden). I should have gray hairs though but my dad was the same blonde and he didn't really gray till his 70s sooo I Have a bit of time :) Your hair looks great. Jealous!!

    I need to find someone i like around here, I had a hairdresser in DE I loved. I keep jumping around down here as I am not impressed yet! HA

    If i do get it cut I can usually do it during the week rather than weekend. (Flex hours at my wfh job!) lucky me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Finding a good hair dresser is as tough as a significant other, I swear!

      Delete
  3. It looks lovely! I keep my hair short and get it done about every 8 weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your hair looks great!

    I generally go with Saturday appointments, though occasionally I will go at 4:45 for a hair cut and just leave work a few minutes early. I started getting some gray hairs several years ago, mainly right on the front of my head, so they're difficult to hide. Dye helps some, but since I keep my hair pretty light and gray doesn't like to hold color, it doesn't take long before they're showing again.

    I have enough hair for at least two people, so I get regular trims at 6 to 8 weeks so she can thin it out.

    I have a hair appointment this Saturday and I'm hoping baby allows me to go and doesn't decide to come this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you're cutting it close! Fingers crossed baby waits till after the hair appt!

      Delete
    2. He's not technically due until April 1st, but at this point he could safely come anytime. I don't think labor is imminent though, so that is at least good.

      Delete
  5. I've been thinking about scheduling something for a while. Like a year. My hair is completely silver and has been since my 20s. I colored it for a very very very long time but just stopped about 2 years ago. So now I just need a decent trim and some more purple streaks and I'm good to go. It's just remembering to book an appointment which is so hard.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet the silver is pretty! I still have a lot of brown, so it winds up mousy and gross looking.

      Delete
  6. Oh man. I haven't had my hair cut since we moved. I'm going to be just like you by the time I found a stylist I like. Your hair looks awesome though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!
      Lol, yes you better start the hunt. It's tough to find a good one!

      Delete
  7. Tragically, my stylist doesn't work weekends. So it's always a frantic dash to get there after work. I did pink highlights before Christmas and they totally fried my hair. I'm trying to give it a break but OMG the gray :(

    Your color looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The gray really sneaks up on you! That's a bummer to not have a Saturday option, it really makes life a lot easier!
      And thank you! I love it!

      Delete
  8. Your hair looks GREAT!!

    I schedule hair appointments on the days I work from home. My stylist of 5 years recently changed careers, so I'm seeing a new person (at the same salon) for the first time tomorrow. I'm excited and kind of nervous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm excited to not look so feral anymore...
      Switching stylists can be really stressful. But hopefully your new one is great too!

      Delete
  9. Your hair looks great!! After reading this I went and scheduled a hair appointment. The salon I uses does all online scheduling, which is nice because I can see all the available times for the month. I usually do after work and skip the barn for a day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      That's one of the bonuses to boarding, you can skip the barn one evening!

      Delete