Thursday, March 21, 2019

Thursday's Threads

Outfit Day!!! I'm gonna be honest here... I had zero motivation with my outfit today. ZERO. And it shows. So we'll start there and then get to last night's riding outfit.
It's a gloomy rainy day, and it's only in the forties so I needed cozy. If I could have just worn fuzzy jammies to work today, I totally would have. I should try that sometime and see what happens...

Sweater: Tommy Hilfiger
I picked this sweater up around Christmas time, and I've worn it a bunch this year. It's pretty warm, but it's also just so comfy! It's loose and boxy, which may not be all that flattering but who cares?

Belt: Fendi
Grabbed the first brown belt I saw this morning. It was this one that I got on Ebay.

Jeans: Union Bay
Also just grabbed the first pair of dark wash jeans I could find. These are super old, but I still can stuff myself in them, so that makes me like them an awful lot.

Shoes: Ariat
I grabbed these cheetah socks from the drawer because I didn't think they'd be visible, but THERE THEY ARE! I went back for some solid color socks, but evidently they are all in the laundry. So I'm mixing prints here today. Honestly? I don't hate it. But back to the shoes... these are Ariat Cruisers that I got on sale for $25. If you haven't tried a pair of these, go do it! They are SUPER comfy, and they come in tons of colors and prints. My suggestion is to find some on sale though, as they can be a little pricey.

Accessories!
Necklace: Auburn Jewelry
I know I showed this on my instagram when it arrived. (It came in the mail the same day as my logo boots! Best mail day EVER.) I can't remember if I've shown it on the blog though. Sam from Auburn Jewelry is a fellow alum of Skidmore College, so I was excited to work with her on this piece. I sent her a pdf of my farm's logo, and she cut it out of gold for me (by hand!) and made this amazing necklace. I love it so much, and I've been wearing it every single day. Not the best photo though, so you'll have to trust me when I say it's amazing and perfect in every way.

Arm Party!
Lefty:
It's all Hermes on the arms today. Slowly, I've been collecting some pieces second hand from Poshmark and Ebay. This bracelet is one that I've been drooling over for YEARS, but couldn't find one that was affordable. There was one that was close hanging around on ebay, and then they offered a coupon that brought it down to what was in my budget and I finally did it. I've been wearing it almost every day since I got it.

Righty:
Righty is donning the olive H bracelet along with the gold clasp "clou de selle" (saddle nail) bracelet.

Ok, now on to last night's riding outfit! (And what you all really came for probably...)

It's very much still winter here, so I'm donning winter clothes. Still. The good news is that it almost got to 50 yesterday during the day, so we're moving in the right direction!

Helmet: Charles Owen
Greenie is back! I've been grabbing the One K's most often, but it's been nice to have Greenie back in the rotation. So pretty!

Vest: SmartPak
Shirt: North Face
This vest always photographs really olive color with the front camera, but it's actually a mossy green. You can see it better in the helmet photo above.
The shirt is a similar mossy green, and from the elbow down it's a darker shade. It's cute, but I wish I had sized up. It's not very stretchy.

Belt: Mane Jane
This belt strap had fallen behind the shelf my belts live on, so it hasn't gotten out much. I found it this weekend and was excited to wear it for Thursday's Threads this week!

Breeches: On Course
On Course used to make these breeches that pretty much were identical to TS at the time. TS has changed their fabric some since then, but I still have these kicking around. They aren't super flattering, as you can see in the full outfit photo.

Boots: Fama 4 All
I've been working on getting these broken in. I love them so much you guys! They're definitely not as soft and comfy as the De Niro's, but LOOK AT THEM! They're amazing.
Apparently, people think they're very "loud and flashy" but I don't really care what people think. I'm obviously not planning to show in them! And I don't think they're any more loud or flashy than when we used to get double fringe on our chaps... just sayin'.

Spurs: Punk Ponies
Straps: Fama 4 All
Punk Ponies is a small privately owned tack store in New Zealand that does their own line of super fun and colorful horse stuff. They make the rainbow bits that were really popular and horse boots in a million different colors. They have a REALLY impressive array of stirrups to choose from too. I've bought a LOT of stuff from them over the last few years, and have yet to be disappointed. I actually special ordered these spurs (and a couple matching bits) from them. They're wonderful to work with.
The spur straps I ordered along with my boots, and the leather is the same as what my logo is up on the leg, as well as the piping.

So that's it for today! Any favorites? What do you think of logo-ing all the things? Clearly, I'm all for it.

12 comments:

  1. you are farm more coordinated in your riding gear then I am! I think I need an intervention...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's probably more likely that I need the intervention.... lol!

      Delete
  2. I wondered what Eros's conservative navy blue barn would think about those boots ;) But who cares - they are amazing! Also, can we all sigh with relief that fringe chaps are not a thing anymore!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I kinda liked the fringe! Although Jamp would totally spook at the sound if we had them these days!
      Yeah, they judge my boots hard there. But I don't care! I love them!

      Delete
  3. I adore the green and your commitment to logos and full on outfits!!! Well done!

    ReplyDelete