Wednesday, March 6, 2019

What's Up Wednesday

So what's up today is that it's been one of those SUPER annoying days where lots of stupid things pile up till you're just mega cranky. Fortunately, I've been eating my feelings for the last hour or so, which helps.
I'm gonna get today off my chest, then we can back up to the rest of the week.
This morning started out pretty normally. Got up, let the pups out, started the coffee, took a shower. You know, the usual. But when I walked out the door to leave for work, I noticed something on my car. And it was kind of funny that I was first noticing it today as I haven't even driven Bette (the car) since last Thursday. I've clearly become the least observant human on the planet.

 It's not awful, but some idiot definitely had poor aim pulling out of a parking spot, and not the decency to own up to it. You can see he (or she) hit just below the apex of the wheel well, and just continued to pull back until they were free. So it will be two panels that need work, the plastic bumper AND the metal wheel well area. Grrr. So irritating.
Then I head home at lunch to feed the horses and let the dogs out quick, only I can't pull into my driveway because someone decided to park in it so they could text. I find that annoying, it's weird to have people just use your private property, but maybe they're lost or whatever. That's fine. But my driveway itself is HUGE, plenty of room to not block the entrance. Annoying. Eventually she saw that she was in my way and moved. On any other day I probably wouldn't care that much. But I was already in a foul mood. Then I gave myself a papercut on my lip. And followed that up with being told I have to answer the freaking phones at work for an hour every day. You have no idea how much I hate talking on the phone. It's bad enough I have to talk to my own customers. Ugh. So cranky. Definitely not the receptionist... Definitely work in sales... whatever. I bought some powerball tickets though. Maybe my luck will change and I can retire? And fix Bette.
Last weekend was fun though! (In between snow storms).
Friday night into Saturday we got about 4 inches of snow.
 Saturday I was a responsible adult, and mailed off my tax stuff to the accountant as well as my passport renewal/application. (Yes, I put the rush on it!) Of course there wasn't anyone at my post office to process it, but the one the next town over was able to. Phew.
After errands, I went over to ride Mr Eros. He was perfect as usual! I had somewhere to be at 3, so the boys at home only got a little attention that day. They didn't seem to mind though.
At 3, I went to a chili cook-off that some friends host every year. As you all know, I don't really cook ever, so I was not participating as a chef, but I did enjoy being a taster. There were a LOT to try (16!), but I managed to get to each of them.
My favorite came in second. It was nice to catch up with everyone and leave with a full belly. It was also nice to be home early so I could try again to conquer laundry mountain. Truth be told, it will never happen. That damn mountain is as tall as me again. Sheesh.
No snow Saturday night, so that made me happy, and it was actually somewhat warm on Sunday, around 40.
Eros was outside when I got to the barn, so I was total creeper and pulled over to snap a pic.
We had a nice ride, though it was drawn out because we had to wait a bunch while lessons were jumping courses. I think he's feeling better these days. I'm still waiting for his shoe to get changed. Farrier and vet decided to just wait on that until he was due, so that should be in about a week or so. I'm looking forward to seeing if that makes a big difference.

After Eros, I headed home to spend some real quality time with the old boys. They each had some mega groomies.

Jampy and I took some silly photos too.


Sunday evening they were calling for a snowstorm. They thought we would get around 8 inches. I was quite surprised when I woke up Monday morning, and it was much closer to a foot. Gross.

This poor mailbox has been knocked sideways every storm this year.

I headed out early to shovel the walk, feed the horses (I told helper to come later when the roads were clear for turnout and stalls), and clean off the truck. Despite my early start, I was still late for work. Hey, I am who I am.

Both older boys got shoes last week. Jamp's feet are so close to being grown out completely from his laminitic episode! So close!
Probably two more shoeing cycles. He has an appointment in a few weeks for some x-rays and we will be able to see how much rotation we wound up with. Fingers crossed it's not too much.
In other special needs news, Jamp has become allergic to something, but I'm not really sure what yet. He gets a dry cough. It's been sort of on and off the last few weeks. In speaking with the vet, we started wetting his hay again, but that's only helping, not fixing. So I ordered him a hay steamer from England. Even with shipping it was half the price of the Hay Gain, which is insanely expensive for what it is. I thought of making my own, but I don't trust myself to make anything that I could potentially burn the barn down with. Thus I ordered the one from England. I'll have to assemble it a bit, but they say it's simple. Also, it came in hunter green. So yay? Anyway, if the cough comes back again, I'll have the vet out sooner, but I'm hoping to hold off until our appointment, so long as he's not uncomfortable. There's no fever or snotty nose, and he seems to be breathing fine. So hopefully we can wait. Also hopefully it's nothing too serious. Always something, isn't it?
I think that's about it from here. How was your week/weekend? Get any snow? Have you used a hay steamer? Do you know who hit my car?! Tell me about your week in the comments!

6 comments:

  1. aw yay for his feet growing out so well! fingers crossed the xray shows even more good progress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Does Jamp cough when he is eating or all the time? Will be interesting to see the hay steamer and see if it helps!! And yay on feet looking so good and Eros doing better.And way too much snow there...ick

    I hate when people hit and run. UGH We saw it happen to someone before. And we (Mark and I) both have had it happen to us (minor dents but still).

    hate the world. LOL Chili cook off sounds excellent to me right now i am still so cold. UGH

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He coughs whenever, but doc seems pretty confident it's something in the hay. Hoping the steamer helps, the rest of the parts arrived today, so hopefully I can get it going tonight!

      Delete
  3. Ugh sorry about that person hitting you - so annoying. I also really dislike when people use our driveway for anything.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so annoying! Every time I look it at, I see another mark I hadn't noticed! Grrrr.

      Delete