Thursday, November 23, 2017

Thursday's Threads

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!  I hope you were able to enjoy the day with people you love and way too much food. I definitely did! My helpers had the day off so I did chores and then rode early before heading over to the family feast. Only problem was half my ring was frozen so we rode on a pretty small circle. Hey, at least we got to ride! Anyway, I like to go in order, so let's start with my horsey outfit.
I was going to wear my green George Morris breeches but it was so cold out, I decided corduroy would be a better choice. It wound up kind of monotone though.

Helmet: Charles Owen AYR8
Favorite! Also, I don't recall having a dimple?

Vest: Avalon Femme
I don't even know where this came from? It was in my closet though, so I'm assuming I bought it at some point.

Shirt: Ariat
Sorry this is kind of an awkward photo of my boobs... But it shows the cute hunt print really well! I think I'm turning into that weird elementary school teacher that wears silly printed shirts all the time (minus the school teacher part). I'm loving this one though!

Belt: Mane Jane
I probably don't need to gush over Mane Jane again do I? You should go get one. Mane Jane is having a black Friday sale: 20% off your order use code Black Friday, plus free shipping over $100.

Breeches: Horsewares
I have these in tan too. If you live anywhere that gets cold, get yourself a pair of these! They're in the clearance section on pretty much any site that carries Horsewares.

Boots: Horka
I really need to wear these more. They're almost as comfy as my Regals now.

Spurs: Centaur
Straps: Ovation
My favorite spurs! And I thought these fun straps were perfect with the distressed boots.

That's it for riding clothes, let's see what I wore to Thanksgiving!

Except you can barely see it because this photo is so dark... Sorry about that. I was told to be at my brother's at 2:30 for our feast. His house is 8 minutes from mine, so I knew I could cut it pretty close. Problem was at 1:45 I got a text that I should be there earlier. At 1:45 I was still in the barn and not yet showered. Thus, I was in a HUGE rush to get ready and had very little time absolutely no time for photos. Nor accessories, so no arm party today either. Booo.

Sweater: Cynthia Rowley
I was able to accessorize with some dog hair though... This sweater is the coziest thing ever. It's actually short sleeves, the sort of bat wing type and it has a hood. I layered a thermal tee underneath to cover my arms. It was cute, but not as cute as I thought it would be. (First time wearing it.)

Belt: Brooks Belts
I think every amateur equestrian is out to brand themselves these days, and at least five of them are making belts. Brooks Belts is, I guess, one of many, but the belts are cute and well made.There are options for buckles which is fun too. It's nice to support small businesses and fellow amateurs.

Jeans: Hudson
I really love Hudson jeans. They do a lot of fun prints and things. They're stupid expensive though. I only get them when I discover them on clearance at Marshalls or TJ Maxx. These however, came from Zulily but that's pretty much the same difference. I love this teal color, and the sort of houndstooth plaid print is really fun.

Boots: Lucky Brand
I got these boots I think two winters ago, and then at one point forgot I owned them. They're fantastic boots. Super soft and comfy. You'll see them frequently this season I think!

And that's it for today! Any favorites from today's outfits? How was your Thanksgiving? Have you taken advantage of any sales yet? I'm about to head over to The 900 Facebook Pony's famous black Friday list, so I can pretty much kiss my bank account goodbye right now...

6 comments:

  1. I'm not much of a prints gal, but I love Ariat's prints this year. Knocking it out of the park they are!

    Hope you had a great Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ariat really has stepped up their apparel game in the last few years!
      Thanksgiving was delicious! I hope you had a great one too!

      Delete
  2. I'm constantly impressed by your ability to put together such cute outfits! I completely lack the motivation needed to do that. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's easy when I get something new I'm excited about (like the ariat shirt). It takes some actual thought when I have to pick from my own stuff... haha, I need to stop shopping!

      Delete
  3. That Ariat print shirt gives me life!!! <3 it

    ReplyDelete