Thursday, November 2, 2017

Thursday's Threads

Outfit DAY! And in true New England fashion, it is 30 degrees warmer today than it was yesterday... You'll see that reflected in today's outfit versus last night's riding outfit! Let's start with last night, shall we?
Yep, those are down layers up there friends. It was a lovely (read: awful) 43 degrees for my ride last night.

Helmet: Charles Owen GR8
I had briefly thought this helmet would be set aside until Spring since it's pastels and all... But then I remembered I don't really care about fashion rules and pulled it back out.

Sweatshirt: Forever 21
Jacket and vest: Active Basic
I realize I'm definitely too old to be wearing an emoji sweatshirt. I also don't care. This is definitely one of my favorites. You may remember from last year how much I love packable down. I tend to gravitate towards the lighter weight, cheaper brands because I'm frugal. They're still very warm, and so far they've all held up just fine in the wash. This particular set I found on Amazon.

Belt: Mane Jane
I love this strap from Mane Jane. I think the faux crocodile texture adds a little more fun to an already great color.

Breeches: Smartpak Pipers
Kind of tough to see in the photos but these are a charcoal gray with lavender piping and gel patches. I really like the gel patches from Smartpak, though I've seen mixed reviews on them.

Socks: Dreamers and Schemers
Unicorn socks to match my sweatshirt OF COURSE! Don't mind me fat looking feet, I have another pair of socks on under these... (Shut up, it was cold!)

Boots: Stivali Romitelli (aka Alex's Boots)
It's been awhile since you've seen these! They're still too short because despite my advanced age, I'm not shrinking yet. But I still don't care because they are awesome!

Spurs: Color Tack
Straps: Stivali Romitelli
So funny story... When these boots arrived the spur straps came with them, but I didn't actually order them. I'm not sure if the boots always come with spur straps, or if they just threw them in because how often do they use this color leather and they had extra? No idea. I'm happy though, because I could definitely never match these on my own. Also sorry for all the dark photos, but it's dark out after work now.

 Ok, now on to today's work outfit! Which by the way is far too warm for the gorgeous 75 degree spring day we're having... Fortunately it's colder inside than out so it's working out just fine.
We have one of the corporate people visiting today, so we were told no jeans. I maybe am still a bit too casual, but whatever. Chances are I won't even see him anyway.

Sweater: Sugar Hill
This sweater is really plain with the tiniest little neck hole I've ever encountered... But the elbow patches are SO CUTE!

Belt: C4
What? You don't have a belt to match your elbow patches? That's not normal? Huh. Well, it should be.

Pants: Level 99
These khaki pants actually have glittery gold thread running all through them. Unfortunately, it doesn't really photograph. It's very subtle in real life too, making boring khakis just a little more fun.

Shoes: Sperry Topsider
Just dragging out boat shoe season over here... Love these black and gold ones!

Accessories!
Necklace: Kate Spade
I figured I should dress up the front of the sweater a little bit. Matching fox necklace? Check!

Arm Party!
Lefty:
Lefty is wearing a BSBG faux leather wrap bracelet with Fox studs along with the trusty apple watch. And I happen to have a ring that matches the necklace so...

Righty:
I LOVE this stack! The two outside bracelets are from Swanky Saddle, and the velvet fox cuff in the middle is from Hampton Ivy. I'm a sucker for fun overpriced kitch from mass producers like Kate Spade, but even more so, I love independent businesses and artists. So feel free to check these two out. Maybe you can build yourself a new bracelet stack or compile a wish list. The holidays are coming!

That's what I'm wearing today! What about you? How's the weather where you are?

No comments:

Post a Comment