Thursday, March 16, 2017

What's Up Wednesday

I'm going to have to find a new Wednesday segment if I can't start riding soon... There's really not much up lately!
The tall kids have been doing their best to keep life entertaining though. Saturday morning, Jamp sprung a shoe.


Luckily, my farrier was passing by on his way to the airport. (I never get that lucky!) So he stopped and tacked it on. How awesome is he? I have to also tell you that this was literally the day after I had talked to him about shoeing horses, and we decided they could wait until he gets back from Florida. Horses... Making liars out of their owners since the start of time...
Rio decided that he hasn't been getting enough attention between Jamp's hives (and now shoe) and Romey's fat leg, so he decided to go outside and tear off his ergot. Thankfully my farrier was just arriving as I was cleaning it out and offered some helpful advice on what to do with it and reassured me that the vet wasn't needed. It's nice to have a well educated second opinion around. Rio is just fine and will certainly survive his injury.
It snowed here Friday and then again yesterday. I think even the horses are over it.

In non horse news, I finally got an appointment for the Vietnam Vets to come pick up all my donations. Of course it was scheduled for Friday, so I had to leave poor Betty out in the elements so I could leave the donations in the car port (out of the snow).
Poor Betty. I schlepped all my donations out to the carport Thursday night, and wrapped them up in a tarp. It looked like a giant baked potato:
I'm so glad to not be living in a hoarders house anymore!
Pia had a recheck with the vet Saturday afternoon, and I'm happy to report everything seems to be just fine with her. All of her tests came back normal. She was really excited to ride in the truck:
This is the look of wild excitement as shown by a Pug.
I saved the most exciting thing for last. My spurs came back from Colortack, and they came out SO MUCH BETTER than I expected! I can't wait to actually, you know, put them on my boots and ride...


It's tough to tell from the photo, but the bottom pair is hunter green. I love how they came out! I thought they might have to sand off the stars and other decor, but they were able to just color right over them! So fun, I can't wait to use them.
I wish I could say I hope to start riding next week, but it's not going to be above freezing for the foreseeable future. And MORE snow predicted for Saturday. Ugh. At this rate, I'll be lucky to start horse showing by July! (You know, assuming Jamp decides to be sound this year. I don't have high hopes of anyone else taking me to a horse show.)
That's what's up this Wednesday. What's up with you?

No comments:

Post a Comment