Friday, March 3, 2017

Welcome to the family!

You guys... my surprise has arrived! My secret thing I spent WAY too much money on when I went to Equine Affair is finally here! I doubt you're as excited as I am. But play along, because I'm stupid excited. Without further ado, I'd like to introduce you to my new babies:

Yep... You're seeing that right. I bought green boots. With gold piping and trim at the top. Feel free to judge me, but here's my rationale:
I spent $1100 on Parlanti boots I wear only to show in. I showed exactly zero times last year. So I decided I should get a pair of boots that I will actually wear regularly. And that's just what I did. Oh and also, they were cheaper than my non-custom Parlanti's.
Before I brag show you all the details of my new boots, I must share my La Mundial story. If you've been around awhile, you may remember me talking about the custom half chaps I ordered from them a few years back. They arrived much later than expected and made entirely to someone else's measurements. As in, they were so skinny I was a good 5 inches away from zipping them, and they came up to my mid thigh. So I sent them back. Twice. And then I lost communication. I finally contacted the Florida State Attorney General who put me in contact with some retired attorneys (Jewish men, originally from NY. They reminded me of my grandpa so much). These lovely men acted as mediators for me and eventually got me my half chaps. Two years later. But they arrived, and they were perfect in every way. Apparently, there was all sorts of  craziness that went on within the company and a bad partner, blah blah blah. So I've had zero intentions of ever ordering from them again. That is until I decided I needed green boots.
While I had decided to throw away a large sum of money on something pretty ridiculous, I'm still very frugal at heart. So I didn't want to approach the other boot companies who would charge me over $1000 just for the green leather. La Mundial had no up charge for the different color leather. The only additional charges were for the inside patch, the piping, and the trim. Everything else was base price. They actually did the patch for free for me as a thank you for coming back after my debacle. Thanks La Mundial!
They now send emails to you as your boots move through the process of getting made. It's nice to get an update since they do take about 12 weeks to arrive. Ok, enough back ground. I'm sure you want to see the boots!
They fit like a GLOVE! (special cameo by Pia's fat roll)

From the back. You can't tell from this terrible bathroom photo, but the zippers are chocolate brown.

My legs looks so long from this angle!

The laces are also chocolate brown.

I love the square toe, and I'm happy I skipped the toe cap. I think it would have been too busy. I also really love the light colored stitching.

I'm not sad that my Mane Jane belt and spur straps match PERFECTLY!
Gorgeous right? Yep. I love them. But you guys. There's one more surprise...
TWINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I know what you're thinking. This chick is bat shit crazy. And obviously amounting some serious credit card debt. But you'd be WRONG. When they made the boots the first time, the owner at La Mundial noticed when he was inspecting them prior to shipping that there was a defect in the leather. So he had the factory remake the boots. The blue boots I bought in FL were taking considerably longer than expected to have the zippers changed out, and then these boots were delayed due to the defect. So as an apology, they sent me BOTH PAIRS! For no extra money! Wanna see the defect?

 Can you see it? It kind of looks like a water mark there in the middle. I can assure you, they're going to look much worse once they start bathing horses and walking through mud...
So that's my big news. I got twin pairs of green and gold boots. And LOVE THEM SO MUCH. Who needs a husband and kids? I have green boots!

19 comments:

  1. WOW! I saw these on IG and couldn't wait for the story. They are gorgeous. And that is some pretty impressive customer service.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      Yes, they are definitely making every effort to fix the negative reputation they had gotten.

      Delete
  2. Yay I'm glad someone else had a great experience with La Mundial too. I really love all my boots from them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They've definitely earned me back as a customer. My first pair never fit right, they were too short and the foot was too big. And then the half chap ordeal... But they seem to be back on track now!

      Delete
  3. Man if they bring you that much joy, well worth the money! Congrats

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are really, really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. Beyonce isn't the only one getting twins! Hahahaha!

      Delete
  6. THOSE ARE SO COOL.

    I'll definitely add them back to my list of potential custom boot people. Not that I'm shopping. Hush you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would. I was really reluctant. But I'm completely satisfied. They're fitting a little like OJ's glove at the moment... so I may have them stretched a touch when I go back to FL. But honestly I've gained weight, I don't think it's their fault. The quality is beautiful on them.

      Delete