Monday, July 21, 2014

Wait.... how is it already Monday afternoon?

It makes me really sad how quickly this summer is just flying by! I feel like it just started but already it's the later half of July. Ugh! Slow down life! I had one of those weekends with nothing planned, yet somehow tons to do. I actually kind of like those weekends because I feel so accomplished at the end.

Friday evening after riding Jampy, I decided I really needed to set a new jump course in the ring. I had the jumps in the same spot since last fall, and it was time for a change! My plan originally was to do that over the weekend, but I realized I'd fall short on time, so Friday was the day.

old course

New Course!
I finished around 9:30, so that was pretty much the highlight of my Friday night. I hung out with the pugs for awhile then headed off to dreamland.

I was up at 7 on Saturday to do barn chores and work the horses by 1:00. I really wanted to jump Jampy around the new course. He was perfect! He used to get really nervous any time I changed anything in the ring. But this year he's been so much more relaxed about everything. He jumped around like it had been this way for months. GOOD PONY! I put the magnetic sheet on him and let him eat some grass for awhile afterward.


I gave Rio a little lunge too. I'm curious to see if a little work is helpful for him. I'm hoping it is. I would think like anyone else, it would do him some good to move around a bit and develop some fitness. Hopefully I'm right! He had some grass and time in the magnetic sheet after too.



So why did I need to be done by 1 you ask? Because I had a 2 pm hair appointment! FINALLY! My age has been showing all over the place, and I really needed some pigment put back in my head! I went a little bold this time:


A coppery red with some highlights thrown in! I love getting my hair done! The best part is, my hair dresser is also a very good friend of mine, so post hairdo we went for a frozen margarita and some nachos. That my friends is a quality Saturday afternoon! After playtime, I went home and vacuumed the house and started some laundry. Glorious right? Hey, someone has to do it! And then it was pug time followed by bedtime.

Sunday was a day off for the ponies, so I decided to try and get barn chores done early. I figured that way, I'd have a whole day off too! Win! The boys were particularly adorable though, so I did waste some time taking cute photos of them playing:





As planned, I was done by 11 and went off to spend embarrassing amounts of money on cheese farm fresh goodies. My town's farmer's market is the best: live music and dog friendly!


I really stocked up this week:


5 kinds of cheese (I know, I have a problem), carrots for the ponies, lettuce, mint, plums, blueberries, a baguette, a loaf of date & oat bread, pickles, a cucumber, and of course 2 cupcakes. SO MUCH GOOD STUFF! The best part is, I need very little at the store this week. Fresh from the farm food is soooo much better than the stuff sitting in the grocery store. SO MUCH BETTER! I think next week I'll try some of the fish and meats too. That will force me to actually cook a little...

After the market, I ran a few errands including picking up some new jump flowers. I had one flower box with no flowers, so I figured I'd fill that up:


So pretty! We'll see if Jamp agrees later this week. I was actually done earlier than I thought with errands, and got to hang out with the puggies at the pool for 2 whole hours! No swimming since I just had my hair dyed though.






The last few things on my list included walking the dogs and running. I've been full of great excuses not to go, and the time to end that was Sunday evening! (It got pretty warm out, so I wanted to wait until it cooled off some. Chubby out of shape girls + super hot days does not = happy running!) I went out for my run, and though I did take a couple walk breaks, it was nice to be back out there. I didn't bring a watch, I didn't want to know how slow I was! But I used my charity miles app to be sure of my distance. After my run, I grabbed the dogs and took them for a stroll. What chaos! Artie wants to run ahead, P drags behind... It's a good thing they're adorable!





After all that, we were all pooped! Perfect way to end a weekend!
How was your weekend? Do anything fun and exciting? Did you fit in a run or some other physical activity?







No comments:

Post a Comment