Tuesday, April 25, 2023

Truthful Tuesday

 

Heh... You know, even when I plan ahead things still somehow don't go as planned... Remember a bit ago when I mentioned my truck was in the shop for some recalls and then we discovered all the mouse damage? Well... The chaos is still ongoing. So we got insurance involved because the mouse damage was approaching 8 grand in repairs. But then, as they were moving along with the recalls and fixing the other issues, they discovered that my rear window seal had failed and there was a ton of water damage. Like another 8 grand worth. And the window needs to be replaced. So two additional insurance claims later... The truck is still in the shop. Which is starting to stress me out because I need to bring horses home! Originally I planned to move Eros and Shiny on Sunday, but I changed that plan because I have way too many horses to braid all weekend and I won't have the mental capacity to also move horses. So new plan is for Tuesday evening after my flat lesson. You know... assuming I have my truck back. 

I touched base today with the shop and the insurance company because apparently there was a hold up that no one talked to each other nor me about. (Good thing I checked!) Got all of that resolved (I hope...) so maybe things will move along now? Hopefully? Ugh. What a pain. 

The rest of my plan is to bring Al home at the end of May when my trainer should hopefully be back from Florida. You know... assuming the truck ever comes back!

So that's today's confession. I'm stressing about not having the truck when I need it. 

6 comments:

  1. My mom had to get her windshield replaced and the first time they did it, it leaked. Second and third windshield both didn’t fit her rear view mirror and it fell off. When they came out to put windshield four on, they didn’t have the right sealant. This started in February.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is Molly from onebudwiser. Don’t know why it keeps coming up as anonymous

      Delete
  2. Cars are a nightmare! You have my sympathy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. the seal on my old truck's windshield failed too, and i was like, 'why am i getting rained on while driving??' lol... what a pain. hopefully stuff gets wrapped up with the repairs asap

    ReplyDelete
  4. After taking 4 months to get my last truck back in the middle of show season I feel this real hard. Also conveniently experiencing this with my horse trailer. 🙃 I hope your luck turns around soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ugh! I hope you get it sorted

    ReplyDelete