Thursday, April 13, 2023

Thursday's Threads

 

Okay... full disclosure... My horses have been wearing the same saddle pads and boots for like three weeks now. Why you ask? Sheer laziness on my part. I promise something not navy next week. In the meantime, Shiny was our model today, and this is what she was wearing:

Bridle: Joseph Sterling
Browband: Boy O' Boy Bridleworks

She's getting her summer coat and is finally yellow again! 

Saddle: Custom Saddlery
Saddle Pad: Mattes
This saddle pad with the sheepskin edges was probably overkill for the 80 degree weather we had today... But she worked early so it wasn't that hot yet. 

Boots: Eskadron
These are navy. No really! The weather here is very unseasonal. Normally we have a lot of humidity since we're very close to the shoreline. But for some reason, it's dry as a bone around here. Like, if you ride with your mouth open, it dries out so badly you can't even swallow. Very strange. I don't like it. But I digress... The ring is also parched, and since we've only just started riding outside, the sprinklers haven't yet been de-winterized. Though to be fair, when we get home, there are no sprinklers... so we should probably get used to dust! Ha! 

Anyway, that's what Shiny was wearing today. And here's what I had on:

I know. You've seen all of this before. But maybe not all together? 

Shirt: Equine and Design
I wear this ALL the time. I'm actually really impressed with how well this top has held up. I've had it several years at this point, and it gets picked frequently. 

Belt: Boy O' Boy Bridleworks


Look familiar? It matches Shiny's browband! I don't wear this one a ton because I find the closure kind of annoying. But I knew since today was so hot I probably would sweat enough to minimize potty breaks. So it was a good choice today. We hit 88 degrees by the afternoon! In April! In CT! This is my weather guys. Best day ever.

Breeches: RJ Classics Gulf
I've shared these before, they are the color "fog" and I still can't decide if they are gray or blue. It's a real mystery. But I like them, whatever color they might actually be.

I'm still wearing the Samshield and the Celeris boots, so nothing new there. But fear not. Just a few short weeks until fun home outfits come back! 

4 comments:

  1. Blue is such a classic- you can’t go wrong. It’s really dry here too. Fortunately, rain is coming next week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's like a more fun neutral really...
      We've had rain and clouds for days. But no complaints, we needed some moisture!

      Delete
  2. i feel like i wear a variation of this outfit constantly. nothing beats a well fitting, comfortable tech-y quarterzip shirt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? It's comfortable, it's moisture wicking, and it actually looks nice too!

      Delete