Thursday, April 18, 2019

Thursday's Threads

Outfit day! And I actually DID get to ride last night (stepmom ran out of time, yippee for me!) so I have a riding outfit to share. We can start there!

I should have grabbed a photo, but I got a new half pad to try for Eros, and it matched these breeches exactly. It's this one, in the peacock, in case you're curious. I was going to get black, but I figured since I'm not sure whether or not I'll like it, I should try the cheapest option first. Jury is out. He was kind of sassy last night, and I don't know if I can blame the pad or just a mood? Will have to use it a bit more and see. Anyway... back to outfits!

Helmet: One K Defender snakeskin black
Recycled photo... I forgot to snap one last night.

Top: Beval
Awhile back Beval had these sunshirts on sale really cheap, so I got a few. It's your typical sunshirt. I like that they aren't too tight and clingy.

Belt: Mane Jane
I went with the black belt strap and the gunmetal buckle for this outfit.

Breeches: Horseware
I feel like the fit on Horseware breeches is totally hit or miss. Some fit amazingly well (like this pair and the corduroy ones) and others run really small and awkward in places. This is the former though, and I really like them! Especially the teal color.

Boots: Regal Patent
I tried on like four pair of boots for this outfit before settling on the old standby. The first two I couldn't zip... (Um. My name is Stacie and I'm a snack-a-holic. Please send help.) The next pair was brand new and I couldn't do it. (Before you get too excited, I've had them for a year, I just haven't worn them yet.) And then I was going to do the Celeris again, but my ankles begged me not to yet. (Gotta rest the battle wounds sometimes.) So I settled for the old comfy pair. They actually look pretty good with the outfit though, so probably should have just done that from the start and saved the depression over the tight boots. Oh well, live and learn.

So that's what I rode in last night! Now on to my work outfit today, where the theme is powder pink. Alternate title, sometimes I dress like a six year old.
It's cold and dreary today. Like high is maybe 50 and rain on and off for the rest of my life for the next several days. So I needed something warm, but I couldn't bear to return to winter wear.

Sweater: Vince Camuto
Nordstrom Rack had a big clearance sale a few weeks ago, and let's just say my closet did well but my wallet not so much... I loved this pale pink sweater though, and the super cheap price tag was of no help in the not shopping department. It's ridiculously soft and cozy. Perfect for a day like today.

Belt: Mane Jane
I'm so glad I finally got this pale pink belt strap. I've already worn it a ton. And the gunmetal buckle has been getting a lot of use too. It's perfect with the sweater. Pretty much matches the stripes exactly.

Jeans: True Religion
It's tough to photograph, but these jeans have a pink wash over them. You can probably see it best in the full outfit photo above. I think they're super fun. I was worried it might be TOO MUCH pink, but it's pretty subtle in the pants, so it's working.

Shoes: Diba True
I discovered this shoe brand on Zulily a few years ago, and I really love a lot of their stuff. I'm not sure if they're expensive out in the real world, but on Zulily the prices are great, and the shoes are real leather. Thus high quality, low price tag. My favorite combo! I LOVE these slip ons, they are white underneath with a light coating of metallic rose gold. Super fun!

Arm Party!
Lefty:
Lefty is donning this cute leather bangle from Rustic Cuff along with a dainty rose gold flower bracelet from Pura Vida. Along with my trust watch of course.

Righty:
I've really jumped hard on the rose gold bandwagon lately... Whatever, it's pink and metallic and those are a few of my favorite things! The first one I put together myself. I love those little rearing ponies! The next one is housing my Fitbit. And the last one is a strap I cut to fit that rose gold clasp from Hermes.

And that's it for today! Do you have any favorites? Opinions on rose gold? What are you wearing?

11 comments:

  1. Love those breeches! I'm a big fan of rose gold - but haven't purchased anything to support that. lol I'm in a major shopping downswing because a)I'm on a major budget (boo) and nothing fits me these days (double boo). So, I tend to wear black and grey most days. I need some colour for spring/summer though - maybe zulily will have some deals?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear you. I was trying to fit back into stuff, and realized I should probably accept that I'm bigger now. Lol! So I got some new stuff. Zulily ALWAYS has deals! So dangerous!

      Delete
  2. Those breeches are gorgeous!

    And I love rose gold also!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not a fan of rose gold but I prefer white cold and silver to anything else.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think people are usually either gold or silver people, rarely both! Though I do like both.

      Delete
  4. i feel the same way about the fit of horseware breeches.... the pair i have fit really strangely and differently between even just the hip and waist.... it's a shame bc so many of them are so cute, but now i'm pretty reluctant to try any again...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, you never know what you'll get. My red ones I have to do gymnastics to get into, but these are roomy. And they're the same size! I always buy them on mega clearance though, so if it's a miss, it's not as bad.

      Delete
  5. I love those breeches. I have the regal boots (not in patent) and I LOVE Them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!
      Yeah, I prefer the non patent too, but these were on sale for $105 so I figured I'd give them a shot. The Regals are just so comfy!

      Delete