Thursday, April 11, 2019

Thursday's Threads: Celeris Boots edition...

Happy Outfit Day! Not only do I have a riding outfit today, but I also have NEW BOOTS! Before you get all judgy, I ordered these WAAAYYY back in December when I was lucky enough to snag one of the limited discounts Celeris was offering. They just arrived on Tuesday which was good timing. I generally handle my emotions through retail therapy, and I'm hoping this delivery will prevent me from buying more boots right now... (We shall see how that plays out.)
My poses are getting more awkward by the week...
Kinda nice to not have a giant hoodie on! Though I still needed a coat. When is it ever going to get above 50 here?

Helmet: One K Defender Avance
Eros' Browband: Dark Jewel Desings

I jumped on the rose gold band wagon pretty hard. I didn't bust out the outfit for Eros since that's really not his color... but this helmet was one of my purchases a few months back. It's my first wide brim helmet, and that was my justification. I'm excited to see if I notice any difference when I ride outside in it on a sunny day.

Top: Equine and Design

I'm blaming our friend over at Hunky Hanoverian (YES, you Kelly!) for this shirt... and the jumper version in navy. And my new wineglass. I've been switching my wardrobe over from rugby shirts to these type of technical quarter zips, so I did have a need at least. Anyway, these are lovely. The Hunter version shown here says HUNTERS on the left sleeve and has a pretty D bit on the chest. The Jumper version says JUMPER and has a two ring bit on the chest. They're super cute, and the price is fairly reasonable at $35 with free shipping.

Belt: Mane Jane
I actually had an option here. I have a cute belt from Harry's Horse with a rose gold bit buckle, but it was a loose ring and the shirt was a dee.... so I went with the Mane Jane stirrup instead. I'm so glad I got this buckle!

Breeches: Aztex Diamond
I was smitten with these breeches from the second I first saw them on Instagram, but not with the price tag because though I buy a lot of stuff, I'm generally somewhat frugal. Especially with breeches. Eventually though, they went on sale, as most things do, and I finally was able to have them. I've had them quite awhile now, and I have to say, they're quite nice! I do wish they were a bit higher waisted though.

Boots: Celeris UK
Spurs: Punk Ponies
To be 100% honest here, they didn't put the correct toe cap on that I ordered. But I love how they look, so I'm not going to complain about it. I had wanted the shallow heart which just was a normal sized toe cap rather than extending down the foot as these do. I also wanted that part in rose gold. But seeing these as they are, I think that might have been a lot of flash. The spur straps add enough color to keep them fun. And with just the splash of color at the top, I could definitely don these in the jumper ring if I wanted to. (With black spur straps, obviously.) I know this isn't enough to satiate you, so keep scrolling for some more photos.



And yes, those spurs are also rose gold. Did you expect anything else? These boots will definitely require some break in time, unlike the De Niro's. They were SO PAINFUL on my left ankle for the first ride yesterday. Ugh. Next ride I'll probably wet the ankles with hot water first. That's what helped my Parlanti's break in. I think any really durable, top quality boot is going to be a bit of a bitch to break in. So I'm not knocking these or anything. I'm just saying, if you want to avoid that misery, stick with DeNiro Salentinos!
As for fit, they did a great job. When I saw the photos on their instagram (before I had them) the foot looked like it might be too big. And truthfully, they are a touch, but Celeris includes a pair of insoles, so once I stuck those in, the fit was perfect. I think that's smart. Better to err a touch big and correct with an insole because if they're too small, your SOL. I'm not sure if they do that if you get fit by them, or just if they don't trust your measurements, but it was a nice touch. They also included a jar of wax with the boots. I think I could have gotten them a little bit taller, but the spanish cut on the outside is really exaggerated, so they don't look at all short. I think they really do live up to the hype and the price tag. I would recommend a facetime or skype session though to be sure you get what you want. I didn't do that. But I'm not disappointed. They are GORGEOUS.

For those of you interested (I probably lost all of you to the boots by now...) I have a springy work outfit to share too!
Wow that photo is dark... Sorry. You get the idea though.

Sweater: Um?
Cami: Old Navy
Ha... so this sweater lost its tag, so I have no idea what the brand is. I snagged it at Marshalls or TJ Maxx awhile ago on clearance. I don't love how high the side slits are, but I figured I'd have some fun with that by adding this cute butterfly print cami underneath. You can only see it if I reach up for something.

Belt: Mane Jane
Mane Jane had some belt straps on super sale last week, and I snagged this one and one other. I don't have a lilac strap (guess I'll need to work on that...) so I thought this champagne color worked nicely.

Jeans: Rue 21
Just found these at the bottom of the closet. (The laundry situation is starting to get dire.) I'm glad I found them, I think the hombre effect is kind of slimming, and they're super comfy.

Shoes: Katy Perry

Love these lilac boots from Katy Perry! I've had them for a bit, but this is their first wearing. I tried tucking the jeans in because that ruffled top really complements the sweater, but these pants didn't work tucked in. Next time maybe with a tighter leg jean.

Arm Party!
Lefty:
Lefty is donning some faux snakeskin bracelets that I made awhile back along with my Apple watch. I had a lot of this leather cord, so I have a GIANT stack of bracelets made with it. Rather than wear them all together, I split the stack between my wrists.

Righty:
This arm has the horsey bracelet with the same faux snakeskin and a wide cuff. I'm also still wearing my fitbit for our walking challenge! I may keep it on after that though. I like how it monitors my sleep. I also like that the unicorn hardware totally works with my other bracelets today!

And that's it! If you stuck through the whole post, any boot questions? I've had a few people ask me if I had any from them in the past, so now that I do, I can actually answer questions about them!
Any favorites from today? What are you wearing?

14 comments:

  1. Can you take a photo of your boot collection all lined up together? I want to see the full spectrum of your addiction so I can continue living vicariously through you! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure I'm emotionally equipped to see them all lined up like that... ha! But I should do that. I should probably do a whole post comparing their pros and cons. I have to finish testing them all out thoroughly though.

      Delete
  2. ooooh i really love those breeches too!! hm..........

    also the boot details look pretty good to me, i think you're right about it actually working out that they kinda futzed the order a bit bc they look super balanced esp with the spur straps

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? Maybe they did on purpose because they knew better than me.

      Delete
  3. Love the rose gold! It looks really snazzy on the black boots!!! Too bad they got the order a bit messed up -the rose gold toe may have been too much... but maybe if you let them know, they would give you a discount on your next pair??? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are always so pulled together. Its impressive. I love those Katy Perry boots.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Found you through The $900 Facebook pony this morning from her Boot Blog...Trying to subscribe but can’t figure out where to click- help :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome! I'm super not tech savvy... but I just added a followers gadget, I think you can just click follow on there, it's on the right hand side... let me know if it doesn't work!

      Delete
  6. You seriously need a boot post!
    Also - a pair of cropped jeans at the ankle would be perfect for those boots. Like this! https://i.pinimg.com/originals/e8/80/27/e880272e5464e44c8b2c24fc1fbf8f47.jpg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! That's exactly what they need. Once it's more than 40 degrees out... hahaha

      Delete