Tuesday, April 23, 2019

Truthful Tuesday

When Amanda posted last week about falling prey to targeted ads, I was pretty proud of myself for not actually buying from them all that often. I got a sweatshirt once, but I think that's about it. I mean, don't get me wrong, I buy from ads from retailers I actually follow all the time! But not usually from targeted ads. I usually scroll right past those.
But I was having a bit of a pity party the other day. I hadn't ridden in a couple days, and it was raining. I missed Jampy. I still haven't found Rio a pony... You know how these days are. And then I saw an ad for 50% off a pillow shaped and printed in your pet's likeness. And you could get a REALLY BIG ONE. So in a couple weeks, I will have a practically life sized Rio pillow. I considered also getting a Jamp pillow, but I did have some moderate self control.
I mean worst case scenario, I can prop the Rio pillow up in an empty stall to keep Rio company. Right? So this was actually a pretty sound investment.




Um. But also... One other thing happened I need to tell you about. Remember before the holidays when I managed to snag a 20% off discount on Celeris boots? It was too good to pass up! They only give out 10 of them. So the odds were not in my favor. Well, you see...  I can't resist such offers. Especially when they're limited. And well. They did it again. So, um. I might have ordered one last pair of boots.

Have you guys made any impulse purchases lately? Please tell me I'm not alone! (Though I realize the boot problem is pretty limited to just me...)

18 comments:

  1. omg i want a panoramic view of all your boots one day :) LOL

    On the pillow that sounds adorable.

    haha more boots :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. "one last pair of boots". Girl. Denial is strong.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I mean... the cabinet is full!

      Delete
    2. As if it's not possible to buy an auxiliary cabinet.

      Delete
    3. There is a space issue though. Of course, I can replace old boots with new... so the boot shopping could carry on infinitely I suppose.

      Delete
  3. I tend to ignore online ads or heavy handed marketing of any kind but I think it's just the way I'm wired.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. Whenever I get one of those surveys asking if I saw an ad, I'm like nope...
      But apparently giant pet shaped pillows will get me.

      Delete
  4. I'm a bit of a sucker for ads, I have to admit! lol Can't wait to see the big pillow!

    And, I'm very curious to know the colour/style combo on this pair of boots!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They called yesterday that they can't do the 70" pillow because of the dimensions on a horse... but I think it will be about three and a half feet high instead. Still a good size! Haha!
      New boots will be a surprise! (To you guys, not to me of course)

      Delete
  5. aw that pillow sounds really cute tho!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so excited for it! They called and said they have to make it a bit smaller because of the dimensions of a horse (they mostly do dogs I guess). But it will still be a good size.

      Delete
  6. I want a Guinness pillow now! So no, very little self control.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i'm always really skeptical of ads - i worry the item will show up NOT at all like it is advertised at.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, that's always a concern. In this case, I have a pug pillow that's done in the same way, so I feel pretty confident it will be decent. And they actually reached out to me about a sizing issue, so they seem legit!

      Delete
  8. "One last pair of boots" HAHAHA NO ONE BELIEVES YOU! Haha I kid of course, but I am so excited for you and I can't wait to see them!!!!

    ReplyDelete