Wednesday, April 17, 2019

What's Up Wednesday

Wednesday already! Finally? I dunno. When's Friday? This whole working for a living thing is really cramping my play time. Now that spring is here, I just want to go outside and play with ponies.
Anyway, nothing too exciting happened here over the last week. I already mentioned that Jampy came home, which was probably the most eventful thing.
Saturday was rainy, so I rode Eros indoors. Just flatwork still, nothing too exciting. But we have started re-introducing lateral work and collection at the canter. So at least now we're doing some fun stuff on the flat! I wanted to canter some poles, but the ring was busy, so I decided to wait.
Rio got shoes Saturday too, which I was glad about. He was especially unsound that morning, left front which is odd. Farrier didn't find anything wrong in his foot, which was nice, so I figured we would just see how he was on Sunday. Whatever it was, it went away, so he must have just done something to sting himself. Silly pony.
Rio only wears front shoes, so it was the cheapest shoeing bill I think I've ever gotten, now that it's just him at home. Gotta look for the positives right?!
The sun had finally come out Saturday evening, so the pups got to go for a walk. They are ridiculous though. They spend more time sniffing things than actually walking. And they never want to sniff the same things. Kids.
Yeah, they poop a lot too.
I spent Saturday evening hanging with the pups and doing some laundry. Exciting times!

Sunday, unlike Saturday, was quite nice out. Actual REAL spring! I was super excited to get to the barn and ride outside. Eros seems to be over the spring sillies (not that he was ever that bad) and we had a lovely ride in the giant outdoor ring. He even got a little sweaty, and I gave him his first rinse of the season! Followed by some grazing.
I went straight home and spent lots of quality time with Rio. He had a good grooming and then he got to have some grass too.
Tried out this new curry. I kinda like it! The nubs are really flexible, but it still picked up a lot of hair and dirt.
 I can't get over how much better he looks this year. He's so shiny, he looks wet in these photos!


The weather started turning when I was finishing up with Rio, so the pugs didn't get a second walk this weekend. They got lots of snuggles though which they're just as happy with.
This week I actually don't get to ride until the weekend. Stepmom is home and when I asked which days she wanted to ride, she said Tuesday, Wed, Thurs, and Friday. Ok then. (I really need a horse you guys.) Instead, I'm having to do awful things like exercise. The horror.
Blurry pugs, because I'm running on the treadmill while they nap.
So this week is basically just a lot of quality time with Rio. No complaints there though, we both could use it.



No mom, I'm not done snacking.
I might go for my first outdoor run in forever tonight before a little hanging with Rio. It's weird not having a horse to ride and only one to groom. Definitely need to work on that ratio.
That's about it from here. Did you all have a good weekend? Do anything fun? Are you finally having spring?

13 comments:

  1. Rio is so shiny! Can you please come and shine up my beasts? lol The pugs are so cute - I like the pic of them sleeping in their mountain of toys! We have a 4 day weekend coming up for Easter, so looking forward to that. Spring is sort of here, maybe, so hoping to clean out the barn and garage.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I have to give credit to the feed change on his coat... But we do a LOT of currying so maybe I can claim some of it! Haha!
      Ohhh four day weekend sounds awesome! We don't have any days off at my work. Boo.

      Delete
    2. what are you feeing him? Did you blog about it? Drawing a blank there...lol

      Delete
    3. I'm actually not sure if I did? He was just getting Triple Crown Senior before, but over the winter I added a small amount of Empower boost AND a half cup of Empower Topline Balance to each meal. I'm not sure which made the big difference, but his body condition is so much better as well as his coat.

      Delete
    4. Thanks for the info. I'm trying to find something like that with a lower feed rate. I can't get nutrena here, so will compare with what I can find. Or drive to the US. lol

      Delete
  2. Rio is SO shiny, holy cow!!

    Glad Spring is in full force and I hope you have a good ride this coming weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And he still has some shedding to do! I'm hoping the dapples come out soon.

      Delete
  3. oh wow he really is so shiny haha, he looks so slick and svelte! that curry looks cool too. i tend to always just go for the old school standard plastic versions, but all the bristles are falling off mine so it might be time to replace it soon....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He still has some winter hair hanging on, but he's mostly shed out now. I really love the hands on gloves, but this new curry is pretty neat too.

      Delete
  4. Damn that horse gleams! I am blinded!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? He naturally has an oily coat, but last year he didn't shine like this. I think the feed change made a big difference for him.

      Delete
  5. so glad Rio is doing well and the pugs are spoiled. that is all :)

    ReplyDelete