Tuesday, November 20, 2018

Truthful Tuesday

Winter came early you guys. You know how I feel about winter. I'm not sure I've reached full on winter doldrums as of yet, but I'm sure they're coming.
It doesn't usually really snow here until after Thanksgiving. And some years not at all until after Christmas even! But this year, it's starting early.
The forecast said snow for the commute home on Wednesday with an expected accumulation of just 1-3 inches for my area. I wasn't concerned. That's reasonable, and with temps in the 40's forecast for the rest of the week, I figured it would all be gone pretty quickly anyway.
IT WAS ALL LIES!!!!
LIES!
All of it.
We got something like seven inches. SEVEN INCHES OF SNOW. In November! Not ok. It wasn't even pretty since it was dark out, and then cloudy the next day still. (And it took an hour to get home from work.)
Ok, so it did melt quite a bit by the next afternoon.
 It was annoying for a LOT of reasons, most of which I'll spell out tomorrow. But today's confession isn't really that I'm pissed about the early snowfall (I mean that's not exactly news). Today's confession is that I'm trying REALLY hard to be an annoying Susy Sunshine and see all the reasons why things could be a lot worse. I mean, it IS just about Thanksgiving, so that's the point right?
They say you can usually fake it till you make it, so I'm going to give that a go with my attitude towards early winter. I can't make any promises for when winter won't end though. That's worth being pissed about.

How's the weather where you are? Are you getting ridiculously cold temps and snow already too? And if it's like 75 and sunny, you can just keep that to yourself...

8 comments:

  1. We even got a little snow! I was super salty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw a meme that said "snow in november is created by people decorating their houses for christmas too early" lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's true! People are skipping right over Thanksgiving around here.

      Delete
  3. Record cold and several inches of snow in my area. Not happy! In the spirit of gratitude, I am VERY grateful my brother bought a plow for his truck! And plowed my driveway!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, it's nice to be related to a snow plow! Thanksgiving's expected high here is 23 degrees. I'm already struggling to be thankful for THAT!

      Delete
  4. We had three snowfalls in the first half of the month and I think they're calling for more next week 😒 gross.

    ReplyDelete