Thursday, November 15, 2018

Thursday's Threads

Outfit day!!! And I remembered to photograph the riding outfit yesterday. Yay for not being completely senile! We'll start there since I owe you guys...

Yeah... I couldn't actually just wear that sweatshirt since it's freaking freezing now. It was more like this:
A little monochromatic on the outside I guess. Whatever. Warm beats exciting every time.

Helmet: One K
Yeah... it's a recycled photo. Same helmet though!

Sweatshirt: Unbranded
Vest and Jacket: Eddie Bauer

This sweatshirt is HILARIOUS! I mean... look at the mare with the fancy hat! Hahaha! I was targeted by Facebook's algorithm with an ad for this sweatshirt, and I figured it matched pretty closely with some accessories I had already... so you know. I bought it. It's not particularly warm, but it's amazing in it's own right. The jacket and vest I've had for a few years now, so you've seen them before. I still love them after all these years!

Belt: C4
See??! Pretty close match right?! The ponies aren't as well outfitted on the belt, but the color scheme is similar.

Breeches: Devon Aire
I've always kind of hated Devon Aire stuff, but found these breeches on sale awhile back and thought I'd give them a chance. I have regrets though, and once these are washed they're going straight to used horse stuff. They would NOT stay up! Seriously, when I got home last night the crotch was sagging somewhere around mid thigh. No thanks.

Socks: Ovation
I discovered by accident that Ovation made socks to match the C4 belt. And it was an exciting discovery.

Boots: Tuffrider Regals
This pair is really holding its own... I almost wore fun boots for you guys today, but then the sweatshirt arrived and I HAD to do that first. Maybe next week!

That's what I rode in yesterday, and now for today's work outfit:
The theme today is cozy. We're expecting snow later today, and honestly, I want zero part of that. But I will me cozy damn it!

Sweater: Tommy Hilfiger
It doesn't quite show in the photo, but this is actually a heathered brown color. I LOVE it. I went to the Tommy outlet Saturday to get my brother's birthday gift and this beauty was sitting there all 40% off so I got me a present too. Don't pretend like that surprises you.

Belt: Tredstep
I think these elastic belts from Tredstep are really fun. They're not as easily stretched as the elastic ones I like to complain about, so it still does its job pretty well.

Jeans: American Eagle
These pants are like lint magnets, but because the color is so perfect, I don't hold that against them. Plus they're super comfy like jammies.

Boots: I can't remember the brand.... sorry!
I had to grab this photo with the boot stool in the back... I match my furniture! Hahahaha! Anyway, I forget the brand on these, but I got them from Zulily last year. You've seen them a ton, and I have a feeling you'll keep seeing them if this ridiculous weather keeps up all winter.

Arm Party!
Lefty:
It's all homemade on the arms today (other than the watch of course). I love these memory wire/leather bracelets I found a tutorial for last spring. And I was soooo excited to find this rhinestone leather for this horse bracelet in GREEN!

Righty:
After making the bracelets for the Skidmore College horse show this summer, I've become slightly obsessed with this flat stitched leather. These bracelets are so easy to make and are soooo cute! Love this little stack in my barn colors.

And that's it for today! Any favorites? Are you already adding all the layers where you are too? How long till spring again?

8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It is warm! And not bulky which is so nice for riding!

      Delete
  2. You made those? Wow, talent! Can't believe you found socks and a sweater to match that belt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep! They're actually really easy to make, I buy the leather cord pre stitched, so it's mostly just gluing a clasp on...
      I know right? Especially from all different brands!

      Delete
  3. Winter coats and boots make me so sad! It is snowing like crazy here And I absolutely hate it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aaaa! I love the sweater! Fancy hat indeed

    ReplyDelete