Friday, May 16, 2014

The End of Little Bag: Part VI Bags

As most of my readers are aware, I have spent most of my disposable income in the last year or so on the Little Black Bag website. I've accumulated TONS of jewelry, bags, accessories, etc from them over the past year. And now they are changing platforms to be more like an ebay with trading. I'm not sure I feel comfortable trading for used items not shipped from a central location, and thus, this is the end of the road for my wasting money Little Black Bag habit. As a final farewell, I am dedicating my next several posts to my Grand Haul as I like to call it (aka, lots of shipments between April and May). So sit back, relax, and try not to be too judgmental about my exorbitant spending.

This is it my friends. The last post of my Grand Haul. The finale. The end. <SIGH> I saved the best for last though! BAGS! I know you're excited, so I won't ramble on any longer. Here they are!

1. Deux Lux Ipad Case


LBB actually called this clutch initially, then they didn't call it anything. But in reality (and according to the tag on it) it is an iPad case. That actually made me really happy, because that was my intended use for it. I almost got two so I could have one for my Kindle as well, but they actually can both fit in there nicely.

2. Kelsi Dagger Alina Crossbody




I had opened this order with a little leather wristlet, that honestly I bought to use for trading. I traded that little guy and a few pieces of jewelry for this, and I LOVE it! Such a good trade for me. I was so excited when the nice lady accepted my trade, I couldn't believe it! (Thank you again Aaah if you're reading!) So this tiny little purse is genuine leather, and is surprising how useful it is! That little flap in the front folds down to hold cards and ID. The main compartment, though small can easily hold your phone and a lipstick and compact or two, and the zipper pocket in the back is a great spot for cash. So perfect for a night out!

3. Street Level Stripe Tote


This was SO HARD to trade for! I offered well over retail for it, mostly jewelry though, which is a tough trade to expect someone to take. But someone did! I was so excited! It happened while I was sleeping so when I woke up, it was the greatest surprise! I had wanted it to match the Me Too Shoes I showed you, remember these?





 So cute together! I can't wait to sport these with some white jeans and a navy top. CAN. NOT. WAIT.


4. Pour La Victoire Elie Mini Crossbody



My pictures of this bag are terrible. It's an amazing little leather bag! That iridescent section in front is insane! It's so shiny! The green color is a beautiful emerald shade which I could not get the camera to pick up here unfortunately. I knew this one would sell out really fast, so I'm glad I bought it as soon as it was released. The trade offers on it were crazy. People were offering in the 5 and 600's for it. I shipped right away as I didn't want to cave to the temptation.

5. Pink Cosmo Mesh Metallic Tote


This bag definitely was an unsung hero on the site. I had it in my favorites for a long time, but didn't like it enough to actually buy it. No one else seemed interested in it either. It sat in the gallery like the sad, little Xmas tree from Peanuts. Eventually it was given as a stylist pick during one of the bag sales, and I was able to trade for it pretty easily. I am so glad I did! This bag is SOOOO NICE! It's rather heavy, but to me that's ok. I don't keep a lot of stuff in my purse, so it shouldn't be weighed down additionally too much. It's faux leather with a metal mesh panel on the front. Really nice bag!

6. Street Level Box Top Handle Satchel





I really couldn't decide if this bag was adorable or hideous. I'm still not really sure. But seeing it in person, I was pleasantly surprised! It's great quality! The purple is super vibrant, and it will definitely only work with the right outfit, but it's adorable! I love the clasp. It swivels to gain access but the design is so clever! I was also really happy with the inside layout. It has two sections, and the divider is a zippered change purse. I'm really happy I traded for this. It was pretty easy to get too. I think I traded a few jewelry items I didn't want that were pretty close to retail, if anything a little under. Definitely a win for me!

7. MMS Design Studio Cork Clutch



This little bag had been on the site forever in various color options. No one seemed to really like it much, though it always caught my eye. Finally I decided to make some offers on it, and one was accepted pretty quickly. I love neon yellow, so this is so perfect for me! You can't see it in the photo, but it also has a chain strap if you want to make it a crossbody.

 8. Melie Bianco Darcy Satchel




This bag! Oh my goodness... I have this weird love for woven bags. They tend to be so soft. And greens and blues... So much to love about this bag! I traded for this one, and am so happy someone accepted! It's faux leather, so not as soft as it might be if it were actual leather, but it's gorgeous anyway! I was pleasantly surprised when it arrived that it has this zipper detail in the handles! You couldn't see that from the photos on the site. Adorable!

9. Olivia + Joy Zoom Zoom Double Handle Tote



This bag will be so perfect for traveling! It is HUGE. Seriously HUGE. If I were a mom to a human, I'd probably use it as a diaper bag.  But I'm not, so I'll just use it when I travel. It has pockets galore and tons of room inside! The material is really nice too, kind of a satiny canvas. LOVE IT!

10. Cargo Plant Love Tote



This was a promo, but I just bought it. It was either $2 or $3 (I forget). Who doesn't need an extra market tote?! Everyone needs these! Plus the canvas seems like it will be washable which I like.

11. Deux Lux Luna Foldover Clutch


You may recall from many of my posts from this winter how much I love the Deux Lux Luna totes. I have a purple one and a silver one. The totes are HUGE. Seriously I think I could fit in one if I tried hard enough. I figured this would be nice to use along with the giant tote. Much easier to grab a clutch than a giant bag if you're just running into the store for something.

 12. Nila Anthony Lace Barrel Satchel


I went back and forth on how I felt about this bag. It looked like it might be kind of cheap looking but it is mint color... Hence my debate. Suddenly though, once it was sold out and rather difficult to obtain, I decided I had to have it. HAD TO! Stupid time to make that decision. Somehow though, in the last hours of my trading window, someone accepted my trade for it! I almost peed my pants I was so excited! It's adorable in person. Yes, the faux leather isn't the highest quality, but the lace is really pretty, and the style is adorable.

13. Kelsi Dagger Cobble Hill Convertible Tote



This bag is really pretty, again my photos really aren't showing it off. Shockingly, I traded a pair of over-priced earrings for it. Yes, you read that right. I offered earrings that came in my opening with a retail value of $125 for this bag. It had a retail value of $118 so technically I traded down, but to me, bag trumps earrings ALWAYS! This bag is satin with leather trim and handles, and is absolutely gorgeous. Do I need another black tote bag? NOPE. But it was for the Grand Finale of my LBB days so I decided to ship it. And I'm glad I did!

Well my friends, that is it. The END of my Grand Haul. I feel a little empty inside. Probably nothing a trip to TJ Maxx or Marshalls can't fix though. Am I right?!

So what was your favorite part? Do you have a favorite bag from my haul? What was your favorite overall? I don't think I could pick one, I love almost every single thing that arrived!

3 comments:

  1. Omgosh I have the Nila Anthony Mint Satchel! I get a TON of compliments on it too. It's so nice.

    I was wondering who got the gold pink cosmo lol, I managed to get the silver one. Does yours have a strong odor? Mine did. :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was SO surprised how nice that NA is! I'm so glad I got it. It was literally in the last few minutes before my trading ended!

      I didn't notice it being too stinky. One of the DL bags I got awhile back (before my blog) smelled terrible though! Eventually it aired out. Hopefully your PC will! Hang it outside on a nice breezy day!

      Delete
    2. I had a problem with my DL ipad sleeve stinking like it lived in a barn too. Oof.

      The PC has aired out a little bit hopefully the fresh air will help it! :P

      Delete