Thursday, October 10, 2024

Thursday's Threads: The one with my favorite color

 

Glitter. That's my favorite color. And today, we wore glitter. Okay, actually I took outfit photos yesterday because I knew today would be winter. And it was. There were many layers today. But yesterday there were fewer, so we'll use that outfit. Eros modeled today and he looked fabulous. FABULOUS! But he was upstaged tonight by the northern lights. So I interrupt this outfit day with some photos of the magical sky:

This looks like a heart to me


I've never seen anything like it. The Iphone photos are a little more impressive than what we could see with human eyes, but even what we could see was incredible. What a year for cool stuff in the sky!
 
Okay, back to our regular programming. Here's what Eros wore this week:

I know. You don't see the glitter yet. Be patient. You will. 

Bridle: Ponyo
There it is! There's the glitter! ALL over the bridle. This thing is so ridiculous, and I love it so much. The reins also have glitter. Even on the hand stops! 

Saddle: Butet
Half Pad: Mattes
Saddle Pad: Eskadron
Okay, well you can't really see the glitter in this photo. But the pad has a glitter layer underneath the mesh outer layer. It doesn't photograph well, but it does glisten in the sun. I kind of like that's is semi subtle ridiculousness.

Wraps: Ponyo
I had forgotten I'd gotten the polos when I bought the bridles and boots, and I was so happy with past me when I found them this week! I prefer Eros wear wraps versus boots these days. 

That's what E had on, and here's my outfit:

Oh fear not. There's more glitter. You'll see.

Helmet: Horze
There's some! Up there on the helmet! I love the color of the helmet, and especially the glitter part. But I don't wear it that much because it's a bit rounder than my head. But as long as I leave my hair down it's not too bad. 

Shirt: FitEq
I like these FitEq tops. I'm disappointed they've gone out of business, was hoping they'd do new colors this year. 

Belt: Tory Burch
I don't have a green glitter belt. I did spray paint a buckle but it hasn't held up well. So I decided to match the piping on the saddle pad to my belt today. Metallic gold is always a strong second choice to glitter.

Breeches: Tailored Sportsman
I rarely reach for these breeches because they're a size smaller than my usual size and I always thing they'll be too tight. But now that I ride three horses a day instead of four or five (and sometimes just two when Shiny's kid comes!) I think I've lost some muscle mass as these are fitting quite well suddenly. I certainly haven't lost any weight. But it's nice to know I can reach for these more often anyway!

Boots: Tuffrider embellished by me
You guys remember when life got real weird there for awhile and the whole world shutdown, and I started painting boots? These were one of those pairs! They're still going pretty strong. Some of the paint has worn off on the part by the zipper up the back. But otherwise it still looks pretty great!

And that's it for today! What do you think about the glitter? Too much, or just enough?


1 comment:

  1. I thought I was so clever yesterday getting all my horse stuff done early during daytime… had no idea about the northern lights show that was coming so I missed it completely except for photos people sent!! Looks amazing tho!

    ReplyDelete