Tuesday, October 15, 2024

Truthful Tuesday

 

Oh man. Guys. Today's confession? Is that I have SEVERELY underestimated the amount of extra crap I have for horses. SEVERELY. I thought I could spend a Monday getting it all priced and organized for the tack sale on Sunday. Um. Yeah. I barely made a dent. This is embarrassing. The bright side is that I have cleaned out all the trunks in the barn, and went through everything in the shed pretty much, so that's something. But I've only managed to price tag the blue blankets and one tub of green sheets so far. I think I'm going have some priced bins (like a $2 bin, a $5 bin, etc) so that will cut down on having to sticker every single thing. But still. There's a lot left to do. I didn't get to any of it today because I have the saddle fitter coming tomorrow, so I had to clean and condition the saddles so it at least looks like I take excellent care of them... Plus you know, ride the horses, groom them, etc. Tuesday is also horse laundry day. 

Tomorrow will still be a busy day in the barn since the we have the fitter coming and then will still have to ride everyone. But I figure Rita and I can spend our evening in the barn tomorrow and get some work done on the pricing. I also need to figure out how I'll get everything to the sale. I'm not sure it will all fit in one trip in my truck (I have a short bed on mine, so not as much space). I'm good at Tetris though. So I'll make it happen. Not sure this place is horse trailer friendly, but that could be an option too. 

Anyway, part two of my confession is that I probably won't post the rest of the week on here. I might. But not much is really going on, so it's a good week to dedicate to other things.

If any of you guys need anything (still have lots of blankets, bitless bridles, wraps, saddle pads...) message me on one of the socials or email me, and I'll see if I have what you need! Anything I can get sold before the sale would be SUPER!

No comments:

Post a Comment