Tuesday, September 10, 2024

Truthful Tuesday

 


Oh boy... This is a good one for you guys. So a week or so ago I was blowing the barn aisle as I do at the end of the riding day. And just as I was approaching the end of the aisle, my blower just stopped working. This happens. I've had this on for many, many years, and it hadn't been sounding quite right for a little bit. So I ordered up the newer version of the same blower. I took the extension cord I was using with the now broken one, and hunt it back on the hook to use with the new one and since the next day was trash day, I threw the broken blower in the trash can. I mean, I did some mild trouble shooting first. Made sure I hadn't accidentally opened up the bottom like I sometimes do. Turned it off and on. Checked that the plug was fully attached. Made sure the outlet was working. That sort of stuff. 

So two days later the replacement arrives, and I go to use it at the end of my riding day. Take down that old extension cord, get it plugged in, and... Nothing. Guys. Know what I never checked when I was trouble shooting? The effing cord! It was the cord that was bad. Possibly the blower had been fine, and I will never know because I tossed it. So moral of today's story, check the cord first. 

I'm not that broken up about it though. The newer model blower has more power. So that's a win at least. And it was on sale. Also good. But still. What a silly thing not to check. Sheesh. 

4 comments:

  1. Oh no! I can totally see myself doing this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel like it's a fairly honest error. And hopefully I've learned something from this... Haha!

      Delete
  2. i am convinced that power cords today are wayyyyy crappier than even like 5-10 years ago lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't blame the cord. For one, it's many years old. And also my very wonderful barn worker (seriously, he's a fabulous human) has one fatal flaw. And that is that he manages to twist things into ringlet curls. Once a week I have to turn the chains that go across the barn aisle because he twists them so much they end up too short. I had to replace the regular hose in the wash stall with a fabric hose because he was kinking up all the plain ones until they would spring leaks... And the cord met a similar fate. Lol!

      Delete