Thursday, September 5, 2024

Thursday's Threads

 


Outfit Day! We have a fun one to share today. It's not new, but I don't think I've shared much of this stuff in quite awhile. It was Al's turn to model this week, but he was... not thrilled with the job today. In his defense, the flies are relentless this week. Let's see what he was wearing!

The tail though! Poor Al.

Bridle: Joseph Sterling
Brow Band: Dark Jewel Designs
I asked him repeatedly to wear his ears, but he just kept saying "NO!". So this is all I got today. 

Saddle: Butet
Half Pad: Ippico
Baby Pad: The Barn Closet
Pins: Pinsnickety

I'm having fun using all my number pins just as accessories since we haven't ventured to any horse shows. It's silly to just have them sitting around collecting dust. How adorable are these foxes?

Boots: Premier Equine, embellished by me
Aren't these foxes adorable? I decided a little last minute to do this outfit, so I didn't have a lot of fabric options that would arrive in time for today. Fortunately, this one is perfect! 

Charm: Pinsnickety
We also used our adorable fox charm from Pinsnickety. I put it on his martingale strap rather than the bridle. I kind of think bridle charms can be distracting to the horses. I mean, I wouldn't want something flapping around by my eyeball. But the martingale seemed like the perfect place for this little guy.


That's what Al was wearing, and here's what I had on:

Another cute fox! Fox themes feel autumnal to me, so I figured now that the days are noticeably shorter, it was the perfect time to wear them. Full disclosure though, it was sweater weather this morning when I first headed out to the barn, but I ditched the sweater before riding since it actually warmed up pretty nicely today. Thank goodness.

Hemet: One K
I don't think I've worn this one since fourth of July! I was worried the liner would be stretched out since I made my little brother wear it when he hopped on Eros that day. Happy to report it still fits just fine! Could use a little dusting off though... 

Sweater: The Loft
I've had this sweater for ages. At least seven years. I still think it's adorable. It's very light weight, so perfect for fall. 

Belt: C4
I really thought I had a navy C4 fox belt, but I was wrong. Just this black one. But it's doing the job just fine. Especially since the saddle pad is gray. Kind of ties it all together. 

Breeches: Vestrum
It was fun to wear the orange breeches on a day other than Halloween or Thanksgiving. They were perfect with this sweater. And with the saddle pad. I really was worried I would regret buying these, but I have no regrets. They are so fun! 

Socks: Dreamers and Schemers
This is a terrible photo. Those are cute little foxes al over the socks which are black. They match pretty nicely with the saddle pad and belt. 

Boots: Celeris UK
I was undecided what boots I was going to wear today because I nearly forgot I had these... Ooops. They were perfect with this outfit and are nearly done with the break in process. Nearly. But not quite yet. I'm really happy with them. For demo boots, they fit me perfectly!

That's it for today. Like the foxes? Any favorite things from this outfit? 

4 comments: