Thursday, September 26, 2024

Thursday's Threads: Autumn Edition

 

Outfit day! My favorite day! It's officially no longer my favorite season and I'm a little sad. I want t-shirt weather forever. Sigh. Fortunately, I do enjoy pumpkin and apple flavored everything. So all is not lost. Al wanted to help me acknowledge the arrival of autumn this week so he's our model today. Here's what he wore:

Bridle: Joseph Sterling
Browband: home made 


I had to include a closeup of his silly brow band, because those pumpkin trucks are so cute! 

Saddle: Butet
Half Pad: Ippico
Saddle Pad: Ogilvy, embellished by me

Awhile back when I was making some things for our Pinsickety photo shoot, I saw the ribbon and knew I wanted it for a saddle pad trim. It's so festive and matches the beads I found for the browband perfectly. 

Boots: Uhlan
Ha... I didn't realize how poorly I'd lined up the velcro tabs. Sorry guys, that's horribly distracting! Avert your eyes! But my lack of attention to detail aside, I really am happy with these boots. They're very lightweight and the mesh fabric is pretty breathable so their legs shouldn't get too hot in them. They're very reasonably priced also, which you can't complain about that! These are the color gold, but they're not metallic and more of a tan shade I'd say. I like them a lot. 

That's what Al wore today, and here's what I had on:

Bet you thought it would just be green and tan, but NO! I mixed it up a little bit. Just a little though. 

Helmet: One K
I thought brown was the obvious choice for this Autumn outfit. I'm so glad I bought this helmet, but I'm also disappointed I couldn't find it available with a wide brim. Took what I could get though!

Shirt: Luyaa
Okay, well I had to wear some green. I am who I am. This is my favorite TKEQ dupe from Amazon. They're so inexpensive, I've accumulated a drawer full over the last couple of years. They have tons of colors. 

Belt: Zazzle
I love these belts from Zazzle. They're reversible so you get two belts in one, and they're frequently on sale. I think I usually spend around $25 on them? Not bad at all for two belts! The reverse on this one is the black and white composite of all my horses, Rita, and Pia. 

Breeches: Tailored Sportsman in Boysenberry
I'm not usually into anything in the red family, but I do really like these. I bought them in a bundle of used pants, and I'm glad I did! They're definitely showing their age at this point, but I've had them a few years now. 

Boots: Cavallo
I was going to wear my distressed brown boots, but it was kind of drizzly all day here so I went with these instead. They're water resistant so perfect for these kinds of days. 

That's it for today! Hope you're all enjoying the beginning of Autumn! 

1 comment:

  1. it's been kinda drizzly here for a few days here so i'm definitely feeling a muted color palette ...

    ReplyDelete