Wednesday, November 4, 2020

What's Up Wednesday

 

Our weather took a real turn for the winter over the past week. So riding has been a little inconsistent on the home front. Pammon gets worked everyday since he has an indoor. The other two will move into their winter home this weekend though. So inconsistent days will be short lived hopefully! 

We had some snow on Friday. Super early for my area.

Since riding was pretty hit or miss this past week, Shiny AGAIN didn't get to jump. Ugh. It's frustrating since I can do whatever I want at home, but once we're boarding I can only jump in lessons. And we pretty much have to do whatever trainer has in mind for that day. That's okay though. I probably could use a kick in the pants anyway!

I am going to try and get a lesson this weekend on my stepmom's new horse though. (Yep, it's official!) He's staying up here for a couple more weeks or so until the parentals find the right place for him in Florida. Fefe's barn is a little too... unstructured for baby horse. I'm a little nervous! But I think it will be fun. PLUS, despite it being winter here right now, it's supposed to be 70 this weekend. That helps me tremendously.

Saturday we did photos of all three tall kids (and even a couple of the short kids), and I CANNOT wait to see them! I have a great plan for our holiday card this year. It's kind of a lot of work for my poor photographer to put together, but I think it's going to be adorable. Classing it up this year! 

And in non horse news, I gave my bathroom a very tiny facelift this weekend. I know I've mentioned it before, but it's covered in hideous (peeling) wallpaper, but it's too big of an undertaking for me to deal with. (Cathedral ceiling in there...) So that's still hideous. But I replaced the tp holder, shower curtain hooks, and drawer pulls. I like it! It's still generally outdated, but whatever. I would really like to renovate it in a few years anyway. Would be really nice to have a linen closet in there. Anyway, here's my new hardware:



Boring post today guys. I'm sure I'll have more to talk about next week though with our move! Did you all have a good week? Getting arctic in your area too?


4 comments:

  1. It got bitterly cold here but is warming up again. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are having a beautifully, sunny, warm week which is a huge gift in November here!

    Good job on the fix-ups in the bathroom - sometimes small stuff is enough to help until you are ready for a bigger reno!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are now too! Weather is so up and down this time of year.
      Thanks! I agree. Something just a little sprucing does the trick.

      Delete