Thursday, January 23, 2020

Thursday's Threads

Outfit Day! AND I remembered riding outfit photos! Yay me! Good blogger! So we'll start there.
It's been arctic around here this week. Yesterday was the warmest day and the high was 31. Of course, by the time I rode it was back down in the low twenties. I need to do laundry, so I had to wear regular breeches instead of winter ones last night. But paired with the super warm boots it wasn't too bad.

Helmet: One K
Same old... Sorry guys. Peep the new eye wrinkles though. Hello fortieth birthday, I see you coming...

Top: Herd of Zebras
Admittedly, this thing would be kind of awful in the barn if I had to do chores or had a particularly shavings covered horse. EVERYTHING sticks to it. But it's so cold my coat doesn't really come off, so it was fine. Plus it's so plush and cozy.

Belt: C4
The colors on this C4 belt are perfect with the cozy top! This belt is a mane full of hunter braids! I belong to a braiders page on Facebook and they're kind of a mean bunch... they were making fun of this belt saying what a mess the mane was and they would never leave a horse looking this... But I dunno. I don't think it's so bad, and I love the idea of the belt. So eff them. I bought it, and I'm wearing it proudly!

Breeches: Dover
I know we all have our opinions about Dover. But I gotta tell you guys. I love their breeches. I mean truly. They fit SO much better than the pipers. No falling down. And they have sales that make them super cheap. I stocked up when they had then 2 for $59. I mean, that's like $30 for breeches. They run a little big so if you're in between sizes, definitely size down. I wear a 28 Tailored Sportsman, but a 30 in most other brands, and the 30's at Dover are a little big. I got one pair of 28 and that's what I would do next time.

Boots: Tredstep
Warmest boots ever made. If you have to ride where the air hurts your face, you should ride in these. Are they perfect? No. They're a little slippery, but nothing a little GutterSitz won't fix. They're otherwise comfy, and the tongue comes up high on your knees keeping those warm too. Assuming you're not super tall. Then that might not happen for you. I'm short, but my lower legs are normal length for reference.

So that's what I rode in last night!
And here's what I have on at work today:

I left super early to go watch trainer school Eros on the flat. Hence why it's practically still dark out behind me.

Sweater: Max Studio
I found this sweater in Florida at Marshalls on super clearance. Florida is the best place to find warm sweaters on sale, because they so rarely need them. South Florida anyway. It's a chocolate brown, but has blues in it too. I love the color!

Belt: Not sure on brand
I snagged this fun belt when I was in TX in November. It might be Nocona brand, but I can't remember. Sorry!

Jeans: AG Jeans
These are oldies. I needed a really thin pair of pants as my boots are a little... snug. So they're kind of like jeggings.

Boots: Lara & Lillian
These are a pair I got at the end of last year, and completely forgot about them until I was organizing shoes this weekend. They're GORGEOUS. Buttery soft. Dark, chocolate brown. And they're leather, so hopefully by mid day they won't be tight anymore... Hahaha.

Arm Party!
Lefty:
Lefty is donning all the tech, plus the yellow bit bracelet my dad and stepmom gave me for Chanukah.

Righty:
Righty is channeling the bay boys today. Jampy's cuff, then the other two are Rio's. I was going to wear another Jampy one too, but it was a little too much.

So that's it for today! Any favorites? Is it arctic where you are too? Favorite winter riding apparel?

10 comments:

  1. Ooooh, tell me more about the Dover breeches? I have a pair of their Riding Sport line and found that they ran SUPER small, like I bought a 34 and am usually a 30. I like them well enough but not love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These are the Wellesley ones. I believe they were Dover's response to the pipers as they have piped pockets and are pretty similar. For me, they fit SO much better. I really like them!

      Delete
  2. I took advantage of the last Dover BOGO sale on their breeches. I figured 2 pairs for $80 was worth it to try them. And I like them a lot! So much nicer than the Pipers, no saggy butt! And front pockets big enough to put my phone in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right?! I'm a big fan! And the colors are nice too.

      Delete
  3. yeah and at least you have the correct feet in those boots ;) HAHAHA....

    i am freezing and it is not as cold down here but I am pretty sure i am never going to warm up again. I am watching the forecast while trying to decide riding tomorrow (cold and chance of rain), Sat (cold and less chance of rain but an earlier lesson) and Sun (REPEAT as Sat) BRGHHHH I need winter boots...but with big calves!!

    Like that fuzzy top you rode in but agree it would be stuck in all sorts if you had to remove your coat ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha! A right AND a left! Amazing!
      I think you could get these winter boots to work for you. I normally get a wide calf in riding boots, but when I got these, the place that had the best deal didn't have wide so these are regular. Since they lace up, I was able to get them to work. So I'd say try the wide, and I bet you could work it out!

      Delete
  4. That braiding group sounds scary. They are making fun of a belt??? Meanwhile my first thought was " I LOVE that belt!!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're super judgie. I would never post a photo of my braids because I think they'd tear me to shreds!
      I love it too! Eff those braiders!

      Delete