Wednesday, January 1, 2020

What's Up Wednesday

Happy New Year!!! I hope you all had a wonderful and safe New Year's Eve! We kept it quiet down here in Florida with a delicious home made dinner and watching the festivities on tv. I was the only one that stayed up for the ball drop though. Ha! Anyway, it's been a fun week down here.
We flew down late on Thursday and got in around dinner time. We couldn't fly into our usual airport because the Pres. is down here and they limit flights. So longer drive home meant we got home in time for bed pretty much.
It was pretty rainy so trainer wasn't riding for a few days. So we visited with Fefe at her barn on Friday.
And saw this guy:
Check out all that water! Water everywhere! Do any of you know if peacocks are wild around here? Or is that like a barn peacock?

Also got in some quality Aunty time with the nieces in between showers:

Saturday we did a little shopping and a much needed mani/pedi.
Sunday I finally got to have some horsey fun! I took a lesson with my stepmom at Fefe's barn. I got to ride this super cute older dude named Denzel:
Clearly, I was more excited before the ride than he was. But he was so much fun. He's 100% a made horse. All I had to do was tell him which jumps to head toward.
It was pretty fun to just have fun. And Denzel was way happier after our ride when I pumped him full of cookies and peppermints.
Monday was our big trip to the fancy outlet mall. I spent all my money and oddly enough found the warmest coziest winter jacket ever.
New Year's Eve day I finally got to visit trainer at her barn. I hung out while she rode and then headed back home for a boat ride.
As for the kids at home... Pammon is still at the vets, I think for another week or two. Shiny really hasn't improved so we had the vet out yesterday for her. He said it's a pretty massive abscess that despite having a couple of exit spots hasn't fully pushed its way out yet. He prescribed an antibiotic and said if she's not better by Friday we need to x-ray and see what's going on in there. I mean... why would we have a simple abscess right?! Poor girl. Hopefully the antibiotics will kick it out of there for her.
So that's about it! How was your week and New Year celebration?

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun week! I have family in Palm Beach which I think is the area you’re near. Darn President for making you have to fly into a further airport! Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, we're in Palm Beach Gardens, so just north of your family. It's a nice area!
      Happy New Year!

      Delete
  2. Glad you were able to get away to the warm weather! I miss outlet malls and shopping, but my wallet doesn't! lol Hope Shiny is ok with her meds and you don't need xrays and more...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Outlet malls are terrible for the wallet! But so fun!
      Turns out, we needed x-rays. Will post more Tuesday, but hopefully she's on the mend now!

      Delete
  3. Sounds like a lovely Holiday! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete