Thursday, January 16, 2020

Thursday's Threads: Retro Pop Culture edition

Outfit Day already?! I kind of lost track of time again (sorry) and forgot to take outfit photos last night. But I do have flat Stacie photos of last night's riding outfit, so that will have to do... We'll start there.
It was pretty mild here yesterday, with highs reaching 50, and it wasn't too bad last night either. So not too many layers required! That's coming to an end though. Tonight is supposed to be 18 overnight, and weather is coming on Saturday. I guess it is still winter after all!

Helmet: One K
Recycled photo... I haven't been very good about bringing fun stuff over to the barn to wear. This guy has been my go to most of the winter.


Top: Friends
I'm not positive where I got this Friends sweatshirt. But I love the show, and am happy to represent some pop culture from my younger years!

Belt: Mane Jane
I wore this with the black side out and the gun metal buckle.

Breeches: RJ Classics
These look kind of tan against the wood floor, but they're actually a light gray. You've seen them before, I actually wear them often.

Boots: DeNiro
Another recycled photo. So mayday guys.... the zipper is breaking on right boot already. My blue ones haven't done that, and I think maybe it's a defect and hopefully not indicative of De Niro quality.... I need to get an email off to see what I can do. I haven't had these all that long!

So that's what I wore to ride last night, but I have a fun leopard outfit on at work today!
It's kind of 80's tastic isn't it?! Ha!

Top: H&M
A few years ago Marc Jacobs did a collab with MTV and had a sweater similar to this one with the retro logo. I couldn't drop that kind of money on something so ridiculous, but I discovered that H&M had done a similar collab at some point. I found this sweater on Poshmark and maybe did a  little happy dance.

Belt: Mane Jane
Purple belt strap to match my purple sweater.

Jeans: Unionbay
Nothing special about these blue jeans. Just stretchy and well... blue!

Shoes: Miz Mooz
I saw these on Zulily awhile back and HAD to have them. I knew I had tops to match, and I just couldn't resist the pink leopard and the purple starburst on the side. They're amazing.

Purse: Marc Jacobs
So funny story about this bag. A few years back I was shopping at the fancy outlets with my dad and stepmom. We saw these AMAZING Marc Jacobs bags in the store, and they were marked down 85%. Making them still kind of stupid pricey cause Marc Jacobs, but my stepmom was drooling over them. (I think the other one was pastel animal prints.) My dad loves a good bargain, so he treated us each to one. And that's how I got it. And I think it's pretty amazing.

Arm Party!
Lefty:
Lefty kept it classy today with just the Fitbit and the apple watch.

Righty:
Righty however, not so classy... I'm sure it shocks exactly no one that I happened to have a pink leopard bracelet to match. And then these two shades of purple are exactly the same shades that are in the sweater. Plus the lighter one matches the purple on the shoes. All three of these came from Rustic Cuff.

So that's what I'm wearing today (and last night). Any favorites? Thoughts on 80's and 90's pop culture references? 

9 comments:

  1. That purse looks super Lisa Frank!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was going to say this reminds me of Lisa Frank too, and I love it so much!

      Delete
    2. Yaaaassss! I hadn't made the connection, but it's definitely Lisa Frank inspired!

      Delete
  2. I am so endlessly impressed and baffled by these posts! I just don't ever have the mental space to plan or keep track of things like this and so admire people who do.

    Do you ever change your Apple Watch face or band to go with an outfit? I'm getting a little tired of the one that came with the watch but it also has the virtue of holding up to barn activities quite well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So I haven't yet, but I did get a couple of bands from C4, so I plan to play with them soon! I'll probably stick to the leather one most of the time though, because I really like it.

      Delete
  3. I would 100% wear that friends sweatshirt too lol. Boo about the boot zippers tho, I’d be srsly annoyed too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I decided to hold off on getting annoyed to see if they'll help me out. They responded right away asking for photos, so I'm hopeful it will be resolved!

      Delete
  4. too bad about the boot zippers - maybe they willfix them for you?

    Love the friends sweater! I've been spending a lot of time on poshmark...kinda dangerous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They seemed interested in helping me out. I think they stand by their product. We shall see!
      Poshmark is so dangerous!

      Delete