Wednesday, November 6, 2019

What's up Wednesday

You know what they say about the best laid plans right? They often go awry! 'Tis true. Especially when you own horses. So my plan last week was to move the horses on Saturday over to the boarding barn. It was perfect timing as my weekend helper is away on vacation for the first THREE weekends in November. That's pretty much all of them. I was like no biggie, my horses are moving anyway!
Except Fefe didn't get picked up last week. So alas, the horses are still home. I spent the weekend doing barn chores and riding horses though, so no complaints there really! Nothing better than a weekend of nothing but ponies!

I will say barn chores go pretty quickly when there's just two stalls, and the horses don't rotate where they're turning out. Poor Pammon is stuck in the tiny walkout since technically he's supposed to stay in his stall. A little fresh air is good though, and that walkout is only the size of two stalls. A foaling stall really. So technically it's still stall resting. As long as he stays quiet. I think he'll probably lose that luxury when we move, but we'll see. They are able to make smaller turnout areas with hot tape, so maybe he'll still get some outside time.
New OFFICIAL move date is this Saturday. I have the trailer all hooked up, and most of their stuff is packed and ready to go! What we aren't using currently anyway.

Still think all that navy feels weird.
I didn't get to have a lesson with Eros again this weekend. Trainers were at a show Sunday which I forgot about so hadn't signed up for a Saturday lesson. It's been awhile since we've jumped, but I know once everyone is in one place there will be lots of time for lots of lessons. So I'm not stressing about it.

I think Shiny is going to be a bit of a handful when we first move. It's been a little trying to get any work done in my ring. She's not a spooky pony, but she doesn't seem that fond of riding under the lights now that the leaves are off the trees... And after seeing that coyote the other night. She's also gotten super suspicious of the neighbor's side of the ring. (Understandably.) Pammon will be too I'm sure, but he gets magic cookies for hand walking anyway. I'll give him one before we ship too. Just to keep him calm. Don't need any dramatics on that leg!
actual footage of a drama llama.
That's really about all that's happened here the past week. What have you all been up to?

4 comments:

  1. I had my first ride under the lights last night. And while my mare isn't spooky either, she was suspicious of the far corner that a few of the other horses typically spook in. She was a good girl and just gave it some serious side eye the first few times by. Luckily we don't have neighbors to deal with, or coyotes. Deer, a peacock and the occasional bear yes, but not coyotes thank goodness!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure what I'd do if the neighborhood bear popped out while I was riding! We have one in the area, but I have yet to see it myself. Thankfully!

      Delete
  2. Oh man here’s hoping the move goes well with no unnecessary drama!!

    ReplyDelete