Tuesday, November 19, 2019

Truthful Tuesday

Today's confessions is that I went away for the weekend, and it was kind of a million times easier now that I have the horses boarded. I wasn't in a mad rush to prepare meals and make sure legs were re-wrapped the morning before I left. And honestly? It was kind of nice. I returned on Monday which is the day the barn was closed, so all I had to do was unpack and pick the pups up at my mom's. So simple! I could get used to it... I mean I won't fully. I'm not sure I could go back to boarding year round for lots of reasons. All I'm saying is, I really appreciate it at certain times, like when I'm traveling.
But I really missed all the fur kids (like usual). I'm pretty confident the tall kids were appropriately cared for while I was away. I'll find out for sure tonight I guess... And the short kids were just fine with their grandma.
So that's it for today. Nothing too exciting. What about you? Anything you need to confess today?

6 comments:

  1. I am glad you had a nice weekend away. Was the weather any warmer in Texas than CT? That would have been a nice reprieve if so.

    My confession? I'm tired. Really tired. I am way out of shape, so riding last night was exhausting. To top it off Hunter made me eat my words last night because he was up at 3:15 to eat and proceeded to play in his crib, then cry loudly until 4:15. I had previously say he just gets up to eat at night and doesn't want to play. I was 100% wrong.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was! It was in the low 60's during the day, high 40's at night. So definitely a bit warmer than here!
      Ha, kids, like horses, will always make liars out of us!

      Delete
  2. Ha real talk tho I don’t think I could ever have horses at home bc yea it’s a lot of work lol. I’m always super impressed by all y’all who make it work, and can understand the advantages of doing things exactly as you like.... but yea lol some days it’s nice to sit back knowing they’ll be fine without me!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I can't take too much credit. I definitely employ helpers! But yeah, it's a lot sometimes.

      Delete
  3. yeah the travelling part is hard when the horses are at home...nice that you were able to get away without worrying about that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm lucky to have wonderful horse sitters, so it's not terrible to travel, but it's definitely easier with them boarded!

      Delete