Tuesday, September 11, 2018

Truthful Tuesday

It's been awhile since I've shared something completely gross that I've done. So you may want to leave now if you're squeamish...
It's been pretty damp, cloudy, and rainy around here for the last many days. Know what that means? Frogs. Frogs are everywhere. They love this weather! I love frogs. I think they're adorable. Anyway.
Saturday evening I took a nap with the pugs before tucking the ponies in for the night. So I was a little groggy. I was scrolling through FB on my walk out to the barn, when I felt something squish under my foot. OMG. What was that?!
Yeah. A frog. You guys. I stepped on a frog! I'm officially a frog murderer. I feel terrible. Who steps on a frog? Poor thing. He was just chillin' on the walkway minding his own business, when giant human me steps right on him. UGH. Worst. I'm so sad about it. I bet his little frog family is too. I don't know how murderers live with themselves.

Not the actual frog I murdered. This one looks alive and well.

12 comments:

  1. That frog should have been watching out for human feet ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! It's a two way street! But still... I feel terrible about it!

      Delete
  2. I just moved and have a ton of frogs in my yard/pool, even when it's not wet out. So it's only a matter of time before this happens to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What is it with frogs and barns? My barn has dozens of frogs at night. I went out to check Tate last nite and took the dogs on leashes (it was dark) turned the lights on and like five frogs were right there in the aisle had to walkout and tie the dogs elsewhere so Ollie wouldnt eat one! LOL but now i am worried about STEPPING ON ONE EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This one was actually just outside my house. But I have seen them in the barn a bunch too. Usually the little peepers. They're so tiny!

      Delete
  4. No worries, Finny killed one last night playing with it before I noticed what he was doing. Poor thing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. aww poor froggy! I love frogs too but I also really love snails and I always get really sad when I murder them on accident.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These tiny beings really need to look out for human feet...

      Delete
  6. I almost stepped on one last night. Then I nearly fell down trying to avoid stepping on him at the last second.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! Glad you missed it though! It's incredibly unpleasant... both for you and the frog.

      Delete