Friday, September 14, 2018

If I had a trillion dollars: A Blog Hop

Olivia over at Hellomylivia started a fun blog hop about how her horse life might be different with more moolah. Who doesn't like to fantasize about life with an unlimited horse budget?! I definitely enjoy that past time. So what would I do? Buckle up kids, it's gonna be a fun little fantasy.

In all honesty, I don't think I would move. I love my little farm. But I would definitely make some changes. First off, there'd be some surveying of my property to see what's really wetlands and what isn't. Next up, I'd buy the two properties between my house and the next side street. They're not for sale technically... but everyone has a number. And I have a trillion dollars.

My property is the yellow outline (more or less). As you can see, there's a large wooded area I'm not using because much of it is considered wetlands, and it's heavily wooded. The two neighbors are in blue. I would buy those places, knock down the buildings and create lovely grass paddocks. And maybe throw an indoor up in the wooded area if I could pull that off.

Next I would hire a better landscaper. Pretty tired of my place being an afterthought. Would love to have my planters actually planted again.

Within the past two years I already replaced my truck and trailer, so I'm all set in that department. But I think I'd hire myself someone to drive it. I kind of hate hauling to be honest.





I would also hire a barn manager. It would be a pretty cushy job since I like to be in charge of everything. But this way, I'd have someone on the books full time that could tend to the kids if I want to go away, or if I'm off showing with just some of the horses.


Which leads to the fun part... What would I do for horses?! Well obviously the first thing I would do is clone Rio. I'd probably do one a year. I would hate to run out of Rios.
Since I wouldn't have a rideable Rio for about four years, I would still need to find some horses to ride and show. I would get myself a lovely A/O hunter and a high AA jumper. (I don't want to die over 4'6", I just got rich)! And I'd also get a mini. Because who doesn't want a mini?

Since I wouldn't have to work anymore I'd have plenty of time to ride everyday and hang out with Jamp and Rio of course. I'd definitely get back to showing regularly.


Come winter, I'd be down in Florida. I wouldn't bother with my own place, but I would rent out stalls at my trainer's barn and take my full time groom down with me. That job isn't too hard either. Mostly just stall cleaning and turnouts/in. I like to feed and groom. I'd probably let her/him get them cleaned up for shows though.

So what stuff would I buy? That's a fun question!
I probably have enough boots already... But if something new and exciting came out, I'm sure I'd grab that. I would probably replace my Hermes saddle with a new one, but custom made this time. Probably one for each horse. Why not? I have a trillion dollars. I'd probably have another shopping spree at Boy O Boy Bridleworks AND at Dark Horse Jewels. No such thing as too many browbands.

Speaking of stuff... I'd have my house renovated and figure out a better way to organize all my crap. I might do that in real anyway, because the clutter is driving me bananas.

And the last thing I would do? Hire a chef and a personal trainer. I want to fit back into all my show clothes! I'd have plenty of free time for working out, and I'm too lazy to cook for myself. Having people help me in these areas would be ideal.

I think that's about it. What do you think I forgot? What would you do if you had a trillion dollars?

6 comments:

  1. Can you send me a Rio clone too :P I think I'd just be happy not to have to work (but still have money), working 40hours a week really cramps my style.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everyone should have a Rio!
      I know! This whole holding down a job thing really gets in the way of my play time.

      Delete
  2. I will take a rio too. thanks bunches :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah I saw this bloghop and thought in california I'd need more than 1 million dollars. 1 trillion sounds pretty good lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, a million is nice and all, and it can buy some stuff for you, but you couldn't retire.

      Delete