Thursday, September 27, 2018

Thursday's Threads

Happy Outfit day everyone! You should be SO PROUD of me because I remembered to get pics of my riding outfit this weekend, knowing I would likely be rained out this week. So let's start there!
What an unflattering pose. Lol. I forgot to grab a photo of my helmet, but I wore the green Charles Owen with this outfit.

Jacket: Skidmore College
It was hot in the indoor we went to, so I didn't actually wear this to ride, but since I had it on most of the day otherwise I figured I'd include it. I got this one at reunion in 2017. I love the color, and it is super soft and warm. Fleecy jackets, though annoying because hay and stuff sticks to them, are my favorite. They're comfortable to move around in, and you can throw them right in the washer and dryer.

Shirt: Ariat
You guys have seen this one before, last time with a brown puffy vest. It wasn't quite vest weather, so it got to stand alone this time.

Belt: Sandy Duftler
I have two of these, a black and a brown from Sandy Duftler. I thought they were just knock-offs of the Ralph Lauren belt that's like $800 but then I saw the name on the inside and was like OHHH! The spur belt lady! I think I like this design better with a side zip breech, but it did the job here too.

Breeches: The George Morris Collection
These really seem to fit better than a lot of the other JPC brands. Not sure why. But I like them! Doesn't hurt that they're my barn colors. I should probably get a second pair.

Boots: Regals
One of these days I'll get back to breaking in boots. But in the meantime, it's pretty much all Regals all the time.

So that's what I wore to ride this weekend. Now let's see what I have on today!

Yeah... that's a lot of denim. It's cute denim though!

Top: Ralph Lauren
This top was mega on sale in the clearance section at the outlet, and I thought it was super cute. I'm not sure why, but it screams fall to me. I've always had a thing for bandana prints. And snap buttons.

Belt: No brand
I'm not exactly sure what search led me to this belt on ebay... but once I saw it, I had to own it. Who doesn't need a horse's ass belt?! Plus the western-y belt seemed to work with my bandana print today.

Jeans: Mavi
Just your basic dark wash blue jeans here today. Super stretchy. Super comfy.

Shoes: Rocket Dog
The same day I got the shirt I also stopped in the Tommy Hilfiger outlet. And they had the cutest bandana shoes on sale. Unfortunately, not in my size. So I took to the interwebs and found these Rocket Dog sneakers. So comfy. And yes, I'm actually wearing socks today. Boo.

Arm Party!
Lefty:
I made this wrap bracelet quite awhile ago. Originally I wanted to use that fabric for one of the horse head bracelets, but it was too thick to fit. It looks nice on its own though!

Righty:
I think this little denim stack was one of my first horse head creations. They're both actually a hair too big, but hey, I was a rookie then!

That's it for today! Any favorites? Bandana print: yay or nay?

8 comments:

  1. Bandanna print isn't my thing personally, but I love an all denim look! Love your ROOTD- I am seriously considering trying those GHM breeches!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel like in Texas bandana may be overdone.
      You should try them! I think they may be short for you, but you never know!

      Delete
  2. I love those breeches! (As, um, you know). Definitely worth a second pair -- I bought some in navy and it's a really dark navy that would also look amazing with that Ariat top. Just sayin' :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm thinking about a navy pair! And maybe a backup green pair...

      Delete
  3. I love the horse shirt! One day I need to come see your closet...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!
      Closet is a work in progress. I mostly just have clothes everywhere. It's a really good thing I have this whole house to myself!

      Delete