Wednesday, November 9, 2016
What's up Wednesday...
Things I learned from this election:
1. The majority of the people I choose to surround myself with, share my views.
2. The majority of the people on my facebook timeline believe in working together, even those who don't share my views.
3. Those same people also believe in love.
4. My friends and I are frightened. But we will fight on.
5. Liberal Bias. It's real. Thanks to liberal bias and the fact that I choose to share my life with people who think as I do, I had no idea how many people didn't think like me. I really didn't.
6. I will not give up my rights.
7. I will fight for the rights of my friends who face a far more scary new world than I do as a straight white woman. Sure I'm a Jew, but I think it's one group Trump hasn't singled out. Though some of his supporters sure don't like my people.
8. There are a lot of people on the outskirts of my life that are far more progressive, loving, and inclusive than I realized. For that, I am grateful.
My day at work was stressful as it usually is on Wednesday. But it was a weird day. China threatened to raise prices by 15% just because. There was very little banter amongst my co workers. We all briefly considered some day drinking, but decided in the face of adversity we should probably not get fired. It was mentioned this evening that today felt a little like the day after 911. There is a sense of danger in the air. Uncertainty. Fear. A crashing stock market. But after 911 we Americans came together. Love won over fear, and we rebuilt our city. We mourned. We never forget, but we also moved on stronger than ever. Stronger together. And so shall we now.
So with all that said, let's talk about the past week shall we? I wish I had more to say and more media to share, but it was kind of a dull week. I've been riding mostly just Jamp. Romey grabbed his heal in turnout the other day. My helper for some reason decided Romey didn't need bell boots anymore for turnout. Clearly untrue. Thankfully he has agreed to use them again. Sheesh.
I sat on Rio both days over the weekend. We even did a few steps of trot each way! Having not ridden him in cool weather in so many years, I had forgotten how cold backed he gets. When I first got on Saturday he actually did a little leaping! Silly pony. I'm not sure if I'll sit on him again this season. We will see what the weather brings. But he's been doing some light lunging and hand walking which he likes too.
Jampy hasn't jumped in awhile. It's too dark out after work to jump. I don't have enough lights. But he's been flatting pretty well in between spooking. We had a really nice flat tonight. It was a little drizzly out, but fairly warm. It was a lovely distraction from the rest of the day. Thanks Jampy <3
My weekend was fun though! Saturday I rode everyone (or tried to, ahem Romey...) and then headed over to a friend's house for her annual after Halloween Party. The theme this year was Old Age Remembers the College Years. We were instructed to dress either as drinks or famous drink icons (for example James Bond or Carrie Bradshaw). I dressed as a beer:
My phone dressed up like Vodka. Cause why not?
And that about sums up What's up this Wednesday. Thoughts? Dreams? Fears? Let's chat in the comments. I feel like there's a LOT to talk about this week.