Wednesday, June 18, 2014

You're not gonna believe this...

But I've actually gone running TWICE this week! I know. I swear I'm not lying. To prove it, I will show you some photos and tell you allllll about my runs. (So if you're not into that, no need to keep reading. No hard feelings.)

Monday evening I was all, it's kind of hot... maybe I should wait until the morning. But then I saw the morning wasn't going to be much cooler. So after this:


I headed out for a 3 mile run. I don't know about you, but I'm always making up rules. Today's rule was "No walking." I wanted to make sure I ran the hills and the entire three miles without pausing. But I was ok with it being slow. Fair is fair. I'm happy to report I followed the rules, and survived the three non-stop miles. (How sad is it that I ran a half marathon in March, and now in June am so happy to finish 3... sigh.) As I figured, it was slow. But slow miles are better than no miles. One goal at a time folks!


I was happy to have my rest day Tuesday. I took both boys out for grass, ran some errands, packed for the horse show, and played with the pugs (and also our guest Morkie Juno).




As per the norm, I hit the snooze button about 800 times this morning. But finally I made myself get up and out the door. The first mile I was thinking, maybe I'll just run 2 today since I'm so late. And then decided no, I need to do 3 miles. I did allow two very short up hill walks though, as it was already quite warm, and VERY humid. I know asthma isn't a reason not to run, but humid days do have a big impact on breathing. Could I have pushed through? Probably. But since I'm just starting back, I prefer the safe, slow, and steady approach. I paused my watch during the walks though, so I was sure to get 3 miles of running in.


I run a lot faster when I don't time the uphills! Haha, yeah yeah, I'm a cheater. I saw some more ducks out there, and the lake was gorgeous this morning:



Having pretty things to look at really helps the run go by. It's nice to get back out there! Honestly, as much as I don't want to admit it, I feel so much more energetic during the day after a morning workout.

Have you been getting some runs in? What's your favorite morning workout?




2 comments:

  1. Yes morning workouts definitely help with energy throughout the day! Congrats on getting to runs in! and I laugh every time I see you type morkie... people and their designer dogs ;)

    ReplyDelete