Monday, June 23, 2014

A Little Whining and Some Weekend Recapping

 Do you ever feel like you go away for a couple days and everything sort of falls apart? That seems to generally happen for me, but I imagine it can't JUST be me. I arrived home yesterday around 4:30 with Jampy to find my poor handsome boy Rio has some serious facial muscle atrophy.

It's like one side of his face just deflated. So very strange. Waiting to hear back from my vet on this one.

Went outside to pick some strawberries, which happily they were there! Last year the wild bunnies ate them all before I could get any. But I found my pool looking like this:

In case it's hard to see, it's green and completely clouded over. Ew. I do not recommend swimming in that!

So not much I can do about either of those issues on a Sunday evening, so I head off to dreamland. Around 10 am this morning, I get a call from Greyhound Bus asking if I bought two people who aren't me tickets from someplace in CA to Reno, NV. Um. No. No I definitely did not do that. So the very nice Greyhound man says he will not process that charge, and that I should call the credit card company. So I do, and find out these people also charged two nights at some ritzy $800 a night hotel in CA. Lovely. Thankfully I'm not held accountable, but sheesh! This is the second time this year I've had my info stollen. And both times it seems by someone in California. Whoever you are, please STOP IT!

Ok, that concludes the whining portion of this post. Now on to more exciting things! My horse show weekend part II!

Thursday it was raining at home when I left, but fortunately, it cleared up about halfway there. I arrived back in Saratoga to sunny skies and just in time to watch my horse show with my trainer's daughter. He went great which was exciting since she was getting him a little extra ring time to prepare him for when I would show on Friday. I wish I could show you all the pics I took of them, but I didn't take any. Ooops. I then was treated to a ride on one of my trainer's horses, which was super fun for me! I don't get to ride other horses that often!

I decided this week to move up a division and jump a little higher. Which also meant I could sleep later as my classes weren't until the end of the day. It was another gorgeous day, so I was happy to hang around watching horses show for the morning. Eventually I got Jampy all braided.


Isn't he handsome?! He was SO GOOD for me Friday afternoon! My trainer even said he thought those were the best rounds he'd seen us have EVER. Whoa! The only bummer is that as hard as we try, and as good as he is, we don't have the wow factor that some of the others have. Despite that we still earned ribbons in every class. Good boy Jampy!

Saturday was pretty much exactly the same as Friday. I showed at the end of the day, so spent the day watching the horse show and braiding the boy. Jampy got a nap in too!




He was, as on Friday, SO AMAZINGLY GOOD! And again he ribboned in every class! What a good boy! We also had our alumni classes Saturday afternoon. (This horse show, as you may recall from last week's post, is a fundraiser for my Alma Mater Skidmore, so they hold alumni classes just for fun.) There were only three of us competing, and sadly, we were last in all the classes! But Jampy was a good boy, just a little tired. Hey, it happens!

After showing Saturday, I hung out with my buddy Browzer:

His sister Moxie was much too busy to take selfies with me though.

Sunday was another beautiful day at the show, so I spent a few hours watching the last few classes before heading home.



After ridiculous drivers and some toll booth traffic, it felt great to be home. Rio and Jamp were super happy to be reunited:


And I was super happy to have my puggies back!


(They weren't as excited for photos) So that's it! The 2014 Skidmore College Saratoga Classic is a wrap. I'm often a little sad on the last day of the show since I have so much fun! But it's ALWAYS nice to come home and see all the kiddies I left behind while I was away.

How was your weekend? Have you dealt with identity theft?





No comments:

Post a Comment