Monday, June 9, 2014

Another busy weekend...

Duck say's Happy Monday!
 Phew! I love summer and everything that comes with it (except maybe mosquitoes...), especially these crazy fun-filled weekends!
Friday I had wanted to take my new sneaks:


out for a run. But I did not get up early enough to go before work. Well, I kind of did, but decided to stay in bed instead. (Lazy runner.) So after work, I rode Jampy, walked Rio, and turned out Ducky with enough time to fit in a very short jaunt in the new sneakers.


Yep, short. But a short run is better than no run. Let me tell you, new shoes make such a HUGE difference! Nothing hurt, and I felt so bouncy and light. Ahhhhh. I really should have done this sooner. I got up close and personal with these guys on my short jaunt:


Honestly I wasn't sure what to do... They crossed the road in front of me, and I didn't know if I should slow down or stop or what. I didn't want any crazy bird attacks! But we worked it all out, apparently they're friendly enough!

Saturday brought an early start, with lots of errands to run in the morning. Once those were done, I had to get Jampy and the trailer ready to head north to Saratoga on Sunday. This meant riding, bathing, tack cleaning and packing. Rio got a tubby too! (Ducky did not.)




I had gotten a text from my best friend earlier in the day, saying she and her family would be nearby in the afternoon, and did I want to meet up? Of course I did! I haven't seen them since before the holidays, and that's far too long! So they stopped by the house and we walked out to the lake to play in the water with her little girl. Sadly, I forgot my phone (I know?! Can you imagine?!) so I don't have any adorable photos to share. But you'll have to trust me that we had a great time. Their visit was short, as I had to get back to packing the trailer, and they had to meet up with their family for some dinner, but just like running, short is better than not at all.

Once the trailer was packed and the horses were fed, it was time to watch The Belmont! I was so very much hoping for a Triple Crown winner this year. Alas, it was not to be. What we found out later was that poor Chrome had been stepped on as they broke from the gate, and had a nasty wound on his heel. Poor guy. But he sure ran a great race despite the pain he must have felt. That horse is full of heart. FULL. OF. HEART. Love him.

I realized that Father's Day is next weekend, so after the race I went over to the nearby Polo Outlet to get Dad all hooked up with some new shirts. And that was the end of my busy Saturday!

Sunday morning, I got Jampy wrapped and loaded by 8:30:

Handsome boy all ready for the ride in the car!
It's not a long drive to Saratoga, about 3 hours, but I had not filled the fuel tank after our show last weekend, so we stopped on the road. At the gas station I saw this gigantic crow picking through garbage... These birds kind of freak me out:


He was totally watching me. Creeper.

It was a beautiful day in Saratoga, and I hated to drop my horse and leave. But I had to since the other kids were waiting for me at home to feed them. Here are some pretty Saratoga photos though!




Once back home, I fed Rio and Ducky, and then hung out with the pugs and did laundry the rest of the evening. We took some awkward family photos too:






I don't know about you, but for some reason driving really exhausts me. So I was happy to get to bed early last night!

Did you all have a good weekend? Do anything fun and exciting? Does driving make you tired, or is that just me?



No comments:

Post a Comment