Monday, February 10, 2014

Weekend Recap

January was such a quiet month for me, with not too many things going on, but February is proving to be quite busy! Thankfully it's all full of fun things since the weather is atrocious.
Friday proved to be a VERY busy day at work since I had been in FL for much of the week. I spent the day working diligently so I could get home at a reasonable hour. I had horses to groom, cookies to bake, and book club to attend!
I got the ponies cleaned up pretty quickly and rushed inside to "bake" some cookies. I use that term loosely since I had some break and bake cookie dough in the freezer. Regardless, they were delicious!


This month my wine book club read "I Am Malala" by the young Pakistani girl who was shot in the head by the Taliban. Malala was championing for a girl's right to an education and the Taliban was not on board... It's a very educational read. Though it can be a little slow going, I think it's worth the time if you're looking for a new book! Our meetings are a lot of fun; we enjoy a yummy potluck spread, discuss the book for awhile, and engage in some general girl talk. Not a bad way to spend a Friday evening! Oh and did I mention we drink wine? Cause we do. Duh. Our meeting went well past midnight, but fortunately Katie hosted this week which meant I just had to walk home about 100 feet.

Saturday morning I had a 10 mile run on the schedule. I wasn't at all excited for it since the conditions outside were not favorable to a safe run. 10 miles on the treadmill is torture when you run as slow as I do! But I managed to push through. It gets so hot and stuffy in the gym, I allow myself frequent short walk breaks for water. Despite that, I managed 11 minute miles. A little depressing on the one hand as I really should be running much faster than that. But on the other hand, training for a half marathon in less than a month with zero base to start with does not lend itself to speed. And thus, I'm pretty satisfied with my slow time. I got it done and didn't feel beat up. That's a win if you ask me!

Saturday evening was the Connecticut Hunter Jumper Association's annual awards banquet. Rio and Jamp both helped me finish the year in first place for the Adult Equitation division so I was pretty excited to attend! You may remember from this post that I bought a cute, shiny dress from modcloth in the spring time. Well... I hadn't worn it yet. Since it actually fit me, I decided that would be my outfit for this event.



 Cute right? I think it was cuter in the spring when there was a little less of me... But I can't get skinny in an hour so this was as good as it was going to get! The food was delicious, and the venue was very nice. Here's my loot I came home with:






I have to give the trophy back next year, but the rest is mine to keep. What good ponies I have!

Sunday was a catch up day. But first I allowed myself a trip into town for a breakfast sandwich and ate it at the lake. Not in my usual spot because the ice fisherman had taken all the spots there! Still pretty and relaxing regardless of the new vantage point:



Breakfast was followed by laundry, pony grooming, dog food buying. That sort of thing. I also managed to meet Katie for a quick froyo fix in the evening before the snow started. That's a win! At least it was until this photo from the banquet was posted of me:



 Diet starts today.

No comments:

Post a Comment