Monday, May 20, 2013

Zero Will Power. ZERO.

With horse show season fast approaching here, I really need to stop wasting money on things I don't need so I can pay my trainer and entry fees. But it would be irresponsible of me, as a consumer, to pass up a great deal. Right? That, and I have no self control when it comes to free stuff. Enter the email from Modcloth last week.

A tote bag (with a Pug on it!) full of accessories free with every $125.00 purchase. Now that's a lot to spend to get free stuff. Normally I want free stuff for $75 or less. But Modcloth has such great original items that it's pretty easy to drop $125. I have several dresses already from them, and I get sooooo many compliments when I wear them. You may remember these:

So I thought to myself, "Self, let's just go take a look at what's on sale." The nice part was, clearance items were included, so I could get lots more for my $125. That's a good deal! Needless to say, I managed to reach the goal and get my free bag of stuff.
I KNOW you want to see what I picked out AND my bag of free stuff. I'll start with my purchases. I found 2 dresses and some lovely accessories in both of my favorite colors this season (purple and mint)!
First the purple (admittedly this is more of a fall/winter type dress, hence it being in the sale section, but I can wait to wear it):
Cute right?
close-up to see the fun colors and fabric
And now the mint one. I love that this one has silver on the top and a gold belt. It opens up so many options for accessorizing and footwear. I love this one, I can't wait to wear it!

 So that was about $90 for the two dresses, so I needed to find one more dress or a few accessories. I went with some accessories. The last thing I need is more jewelry, but you know when in Rome....
Mint sunglasses pinky ring. I do not have one of these yet! (well now I do.)

And these will go perfectly with all of the other mint flower accessories I have... (Ok, ok, maybe I should stop with these.)

 And now on to the free stuff!
Awesome tote bag with a Pug on it!


Octopus ring. I may or may not wear this, but it IS pretty cute!

This is probably my favorite. It's very delicate, so probably best to wear someplace low key, but so pretty!
Ok these I'm not so excited about, they're too big for me. But hey, they're free! I'm sure someone I know will want them.
Love the concept of this headband, but the pattern makes me look like I'm doing chores.... Meh.
I didn't take separate photos of the adorable cosmetic bag or the red polka dot scarf, but you can see them below in the photos of everything. All in all, not bad for freebies! I like the bracelet and the two bags the best, but overall, I think it's a great little package of give-a-ways!




Do any of you shop at Modcloth? Take advantage of the deal? What did you get?!

No comments:

Post a Comment